Chapter 8

When Brandon got released later that night we headed back to his apartment. When we got there a ton of police cars and tape were every where. I had forgotten that two people had been shot at this place was a crime scene. I got out of the car quietly making sure not to wake up Brandon as he had fallen asleep on the way home. "I'm sorry miss but you can not be here." an officer stated as i stepped towards Brandon's apartment. "What do you mean I cant be here? this is my apartment." I stated. "I'm sorry but you can not stay here. This apartment is under investigation." who is he to tell me where i can go? This was me and Brandon's home, where are we supposed to go? what does he even need to investigate? "I'm sorry to be rude but it is late and i just want to sleep in my own bed with my now injured boyfriend. I really dont understand what there is to investigate! My sexually assaulting and abusive father broke into the apartment and grabbed me, Brandon came in and triend to protect me, my father aimed to kill me and ended up shooting Brandon and then himself. What do you have to investigate?!?!" i yelled at him angrily. he just stood there with his mouth open in shock. That's what I thought. I heard someones footsteps come up behind me, Brandon's. He wrapped me up with one arm and held me tight. i heard the officer talking with the other officers and then an officer cleared his throat, clearly wanting to talk. "We cannot let you sleep here for tonight but we can let you get your things. I'm so sorry for this inconvenience i promise we will be gone by the morning." I was about to speak when Brandon intervened "Okay officer. Thank you we will just go grab some clothes if you don't mind?" he simply nodded his head for us to continue in. Brandon held my waist all the way till we reached the bedroom then he shut the door and let go. I turned to face him as he began to yell "what the hell where you thinking bel?! You can't just go around yelling that to random police officers." I stood in shock for a second before I spoke. "Your right. But maybe I shouldn't be staying with a random stranger either. I'm leaving." I don't know what came over me I was angry and hurt and immediately regretted my words. I walked out feeling Brandon's hurt and avoiding his face. "Bel..." Before I could respond he jumped in front of me and his lips met mine. When he came up from the kiss he put his forehead to mine and whispered "I'm sorry bel, I'm just stressed and I have no where to live, and I just wanna start fresh I don't want all that stuff you told the cop to hold us back. Bel I want to start a new life... with you." I just wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him.