Chapter 3

Lunch was mostly filled with questions asked by Brandon. Larry got a phone call and had to leave for an hour or so and since Brandon couldn't drive he decided to drop us off at Brandon's apartment. I hadn't really learned anything about Brandon except for he was a huge flirt and seemed like a player. I was glad to be here tho I didn't feel like going home my dad was coming home tonight. Brandon's voice shook me out of my thoughts "do u need a drink?"
"No I'm good for right now. I like your place, it's very... spacious."
"I try to not cram it full with furniture so it has more space. Do you want a a tour?"
"Sure why not."
He showed me the two rooms, the kitchen, the bathrooms, laundry closet, balcony, and the living room. It was huge! I loved the decor and everything was clean and neat.
"Wow. It's all so beautiful!" I said.
"Thanks. Do you wanna watch a movie or do you need to get home? I can call you a cab I don't wanna keep you from your family.."
"Oh believe me you are saving me right now from having to see my family! Let's watch a movie."
"Ok what movie?"
I started going through the movies on Netflix and decided on one called stuck in love. We both say on the couch about 6 inches away from each other, not to far but not to close. Brandon was resting his in hurt arm on the back of the couch and semi laid out on the seat. I was cuddled in a blanket I found lying on the couch, even with a blanket I was still freezing. By the middle of the movie I was shivering and somehow I had moved closer and closer to Brandon. He was really warm. By the end of the movie I was cuddled into his chest and abdomen with my legs on his lap and had fallen asleep. When I work up Brandon was asleep at first I smiled then I realized what happened and jumped up. Did I really fall asleep in his arms? no. This can't be happening. No. I guess me jumping up woke Brandon up cause I heard a loud groan and Brandon whisper "come back. I'm cold." I checked my phone. Nothing. it was 7:30 so I decided to call my mom and tell I would be home late and that I had a school project to finish. I went back and sat next to Brandon I began trying to shake him awake but in one swift movement I was back on his lap cuddling with him. I felt secure in his arms. I felt safe. Something i haven't felt in a long time. When i woke again it was by force. Larry was shaking me and saying "you dads calking you." I groaned and grabbed the phone being pushed in my face and stood up. I walked out to the balcony before answering so no one could hear our conversation. "Hello?" I said answering the phone. "Where the hell are you Maribel? I came home and you weren't here. Who do you think you are?" I answered calmly "I'm working on a school project ill be home later. why do u want me home anyway?" His answer was cold but expected. "I miss my little bitchy punching bag. Oh and I need you i have some friends over." I began to quietly cry and said "well in that case I'm not coming home. Goodbye." I walked in headed straight for the front door when someones arm grabbed my shoulder i turned to face Brandon. He grabbed my face and his eyes full of fear "what happened? Why are you crying?" I looked at the ground and whispered "the very thing i hid from last night." "What?" He asked confused. "Its a long story. I cant go home now though." "Why cant you go home?" I began to slowly cry again. "Because he's there." I lost it and hugged onto Brandon. "Who's he? Your ex boyfriend?" "No. My dad." He said nothing else he just held me close. After i stopped crying i said softly looking up at Brandon. His gaze had turned hard and killer. I asked him softly "what am i going to do? I cant go home, i cant go to school, i have no clothes. I have nothing. I hate him. Don't let him come get me. Please." "Does anyone know where you are?" "No. Why?" "Cause you are going to stay with me. Ill protect you." "But i dont have clothes or anything." "We will sneak into your house and get you stuff. Ok?" "But he could catch us." "Ill have Larry distract him. I got you, nothings gonna happen to you." We sat on Brandon's couch as i clung to Brandon and him and Larry talked about what was going to happen. The plan was for Larry to go to the door and ask them to take a survey the reward was a gift card. While he does the survey me and Brandon will climb in my window grab my stuff and get out. Then we will grab Larry when he's done at the end of the street and then we will leave. Sounded simple but could become difficult. But i decided why not ill have Larry and Brandon both there to protect me. About 4pm they decide its time so i grab a jacket from Brandon's closet and head out to Larry's black escalade. We climbed In, me in the back with Brandon going over the plan two more times so no one forgets. We got there and my dads car was the only car there which meant he didn't have any friends over. We waited till Larry was in the house then we went to my window and got in. This is the one time i was happy i snuck out so much and had a one story house. We got in and Brandon stood by the door as i took a bag and small suitcase filling it with clothes, shoes, shampoo, brush, makeup, basically my whole room which wasn't but the essentials. We got done and climbed out the window to the front as the door opened us middle of the yard and thats when he spotted me and the chase was on. We ran to the car jumped in and drove. Larry had pushed my dad on the ground and jumped in the car. He drove as me and Brandon sat in the back. My breathing was heavy and my heart was racing as i leaned into his chest. All the old memories of my dad flooded back. I began slowly crying till i drifted into a light sleep. I was quickly jerked awake when the car door closed and i was being carried inside. I grabbed Brandon's neck afraid to fall and he whispered "go back to sleep i got you." And i did as told and fell back to sleep.