Chapter 5

It's now 11 am and I still can't stop thinking about what Brandon said. He's liked me since we were 10. He likes me now. But I needed to stop thinking about that now cause I was about to have an actual conversation with Aaron for the first time and I didn't want him to think I'm weird.
"Want something to eat?" Brandon asked to me as I walked in an saw Aaron and him cooking.
"I'm not really that hungry." I lied I was starving but for some reason I felt that if I ate anything I would get sick.
"Oh come on you barely ate your spaghetti last night. You need to eat."
He's right spaghetti was my favorite and I barely ate any.
"Brandon I'm really not that hungry."
"Maribel your going to eat something."
"No I'm not ill have some orange juice instead of water, happy?"
"No you are going to eat food. Just eat some bacon or eggs or something."
"Brandon please stop I'm not that hungry."
Aaron spoke up for the first time and I forgot he had been standing there. "Look this is none of my business but it's 11 and we ALL need to eat. I made all this breakfast and you two are going to eat every last bite on your plate. No more arguing just eat."
I did as he said cause I didn't want to start off on bad terms with him.
"Yes sir." I said giggling.
We all sat down and began eating and talking about each other trying to get to now one another. When breakfast was over Brandon told Aaron to get ready we were going somewhere. When Aaron left I spoke up.
"Where are we going?"
"It's a surprise wanna come?"
"I don't wanna invade. I'll just stay with Larry or something."
"Well if you change your mind we leave in an hour."
"Okay."
All the sudden Brandon's phone rang and I left the room. I sat down to watch tv when I heard Brandon yell "how the hell did you get my number?" Into the phone.
I slowly walked into the kitchen and Brandon's face was red with anger but white with fear at the same time.
He began to yell again but he had yet to spot me. "If you ever come near me or her, and this is a threat, I will kill you. Do you understand me? Leave us alone."
He hung up and turned around this time spotting me. Guilt washed over his face and he engulfed me in a hug.
I spoke up after a minute or two. "Was that my dad?"
"Yes but baby girl I am going to make sure you never have to see him or talk to him ever again. I think maybe you should come with me today just incase he comes here or something."
"Okay." He grabbed my hand and led me to the room where we started getting dressed. I went into the bathroom and got dressed in a light blue skater dress, a black infinity scarf, and black sandals with my hair in a loose bun. As soon as I got done brushing my teeth Brandon knocked on the door. "Come in."
"Hey. I need to brush my teeth." he laughed.
"Yeah sure I'm done I just got to put on my makeup."
"You can use my mirror in the room."
I nodded and walked to the mirror in his room and applied some mascara and lip gloss cause that's all I needed. Me and Brandon finished the same time.
"Are you ready?" He asked smiling.
"Yes."
"You look beautiful."
"Thank you." I said with my cheeks changing shades as Brandon intertwined our fingers.
I held his hand until we reached the car and we went separate sides. Aaron sat in the back and was pretty quiet.
"So where are we going?" Aaron asked as we started driving.
"It's a surprise."
"Ok."
Brandon looked at me and smiled. I let a light shade of pink rise on my cheeks. We came to a stop and I looked at Brandon as he laid his hand in mine.
"Brandon." I said quiet enough Aaron wouldn't hear over his headphones.
"Yes?"
"Why are you being so nice to me and protecting me? I mean I don't want you to feel like you have to or anything."
"Maribel I don't do things if I have to I do them if I want to. I want to protect you and care for you. you make me happy and that's all I need right now."
"Okay."
"Okay." the rest of the ride was silent and I pulled my hand from Brandon's grip to text Olivia.
Hey. Just so you know I'm alive and I'm staying with Brandon. My dad got out and is trying to find me. I'm safe. I love you. Please don't tell anyone I don't want my dad finding me.
-M
Thank God you are safe! I love you too! And I will keep my mouth shut if u promise to check in!
-O
Ok I promise!
-M
Brandon putting his hand on my shoulder brought me back to my thoughts. "You ok?"
"Yeah just I miss Olivia and I miss school."
"You can go back soon I promise. I'll talk to the school board."
"Thank you Brandon for everything."
He replied with a breathtaking smile.
About 20
Minutes later we arrived at a huge aquarium, I've always wanted to go buy me parents never would take me. I smiled and got out of the car and headed in with Aaron and Brandon. As soon as we walked in Brandon grabbed my hand "please stay with me today, I can't loose you." He whispered in my ear. I answered with a simple nod and he paid and we went in. It was amazing! Dolphins, fish, sharks, turtles, and sea otters! I loved it. Later on Brandon paid for me to go swim with a dolphin named Delilah. We got our picture together and everything. Around 5:30 we sat down to eat and Aaron went into the gift store.
I went to sit down and someone grabbed my waist and pulled me on their lap. My first instinct was to run but then I heard Brandon's voice say "are you having fun?" I smiled and leaned into his grip and turned my body somewhat facing him. He was strong and warm.
"I loved today! I haven't had this much fun since..." I couldn't think of the last time I had any fun besides with Olivia occasionally.
"Since?" He asked curious.
"I honestly can't remember." I said truthfully.
"Well that's all about to change." He said as he got up and set me on a chair to go get our food. Aaron came back a couple seconds after Brandon left.
"So what's up with you and my brother?" He asked.
"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.
"Well he looks at you like I have never seen him look at anyone else. He is happy around you which I haven't seen since we were kids with our parents. And you guys were holding hands and hugging all day. So are y'all a couple?"
"What? No. Wait. I don't think we are. are we?" I asked a little frantically.
"That's something you will have to talk to Brandon about."
Just then Brandon walked up and said "talk to me about what?"
I blushed and was speechless as Aaron said "were we can go to get a frame for her dolphin picture."
Brandon looked like he didn't believe him but when I looked up and nodded he said "I have some frames at the house I was gonna use for decorations but never did you can put the pictures we took today in them and put them around the house."
"Okay thanks." I said smiling.
We finished eating and I jumped on Brandon's back for him to carry me cause I was tired of walking. "Hey Aaron take a picture of me and bel please." Brandon said handing his phone to Aaron.
"Okay one like you are?"
Brandon nodded and I smiled my cutest smile and hugged Brandon's neck gently. When Aaron was done Brandon took the phone and handed it to me and laughed "I can't exactly look and hold u at the same time." I looked at our picture and then showed it to Brandon. He smiled as did I. Today couldn't be better.