Chapter 8 Cotton Balls and Small Paws

_________

*Huff huff*

This is a life and death situation.

You shouldn't make a sound..

Or else..

You will be found.

By the passing leaves of the towering trees are three kittens holding their breaths under orange leaves.

Two pairs of gold and a pair of midnight blue eyes twinkle underneath the twilight sky.

They would sometimes wonder "who am I?" "What am I?"

But the breeze answers the questions while dahlias stand strong on the ground. Swishing as they hear the voice " ..... .--.... -... -.. -.... @#$1&@"

"They must be close!" Loud voices and heavy footsteps squash on the muddy forest floor.

The kittens hold their breaths, afraid of making a sound. They can die.

If they do, they won't see him.

After hours of waiting, they started walking. Hiding any evidence that they were even there.

They are weak but they are also strong.

Later on, once they get the chance too, they will smack those people on the back of their heads.

Like what he told them too..

...They remember every bit of him.

His voice, his smell, his past and his troubles...

...They just need to get stronger.

They venture towards a lake inside the dark and gloomy forest. It reminds them of a place they loved dearly.

A grey kitten, bold and smart release some fog near the misty lake.

A small red kitten eats the leaves while the smallest black kitten leads the way.

They need to find him....

....Their home

The place.. the person who they belong too

"Our stupid human..... He must be waiting for us, " the small black cat says, staring at the night sky that reflects his midnight eyes.

'soon' they thought collectively, 'soon.. we will see you again. ' They won't dare to acknowledge the wetness gathering in a corner of their big eyes

'soon' they repeat. Hovering near each other while watching the moon.

Soon.. things will turn out alright.

Soon.
_______________

"-I heard-" C

"Did you know?" H

"No." A

"Should we know?" O

"No." S

D
.
.
.
.
E
.
.
.
.
S
.
.
.
.
T
.
.
.
.
R
.
.
.
.
U
.
.
.
.
C
.
.
.
T
.
.
.
I
.
.
.
O
.
.
N

Peace

____________________

A small red haired child walks inside the palace corridors. A book in hand.