[ CHAPTER FOUR, there is something on your mind ]

THERE IS SOMETHING ON YOUR MIND
big jay mcneely

there is something on your mind
by the way you look at me

can what you're thinking bring happiness?
or will it bring misery?

no, no, please don't try to tell me
i may not understand

you want me to try and forget you
but i'll do the best i can

"AS YOU GUYS can see, we're bringing back the baking blindfolded competition," Nick spoke to the camera propped up on the tripod as he began recording.

"With a twist." Arlo and Chris said in sync. Arlo's jaw dropped as Chris let out a scoff before squealing and dapped her up, while Nick continued to explain the video.

"We're gonna do two at a time, and in the last video, the other two people just helped. There was no challenge, no reward."

Arlo walked out of frame, grabbing her brookie mix and putting it on the opposite side of the counter from where the rest of the supplies was. She has already planned to bake her own set of desserts after her friends finished filming their video.

"But for our yogurt video we competed and Chris and Matt won, which I think is false."

Matt flexed his arms and Chris stood behind him hyping him up. "Let's go!"

"We're gonna be competing those teams again. So me and Alahna here, are team orange and red-"

"Namaslay group." Alahna corrected him.

Arlo giggled in the background causing Nick to look over at the girl, laughing as well.

"And then them two," he pointed to Chris and Matt.

"Me and Matt," Chris started. "Matt has the purple shades on under this, it's just really tucked away so he can't see."

"You have them under?" Alahna gasped. "I have them over."

"Okay- well we're gonna be competing today, baking cupcakes."

"And so it's gonna be like a race," Chris began explaining the video as Nick ran behind the counter where Alahna, Matt, and Chris were, each throwing their arms over the other's shoulders.

"Is Arlo in this?" Alahna asked Nick, her being blindfolded and not knowing if her friend was included in the group huddle. "Arlo," She whispered to the girl, sticking her arms out. "Get over here."

Arlo grinned widely as she jogged her way over to Alahna's side and into her embrace. The two hugged for a few seconds before turning back to the group, Alahna wrapping her arm over Nick's shoulder again while Arlo's arm rested on her hip with the other around Alahna's waist.

"Arlo's here as the sort of... referee to ensure there won't be any cheating-"

"And she's gonna taste test the cupcakes at the end." Matt interrupted, cackling throughout his sentence. They hadn't discussed that part yet, but now that Matt said it out loud, it made sense to the rest of them. Except for Arlo.