[ CHAPTER SIX, up all night ]

UP ALL NIGHT
mac miller

staying up all night
i ain't got shit to do tomorrow
staying up all night

THE FOLLOWING MORNING Arlo didn't wake up until nearly three pm. Her head was pounding and her eyes felt heavy. She pulled her covers over her head in attempt to block out the light peaking through her curtains, trying to get more sleep.

As she began to dose off again, she was rudely awoken to her phone vibrating under her pillow. Lazily reaching under, not looking at the contact, she brought the phone up to her ear, peaking her head out the covers.

"Hello?" She groaned.

A laugh was heard from the other end. "Good morning sunshine, did I wake you?"

Arlo rolled her eyes and hung up with no hesitation. She was way too tired to deal with anyone right now, especially him. She tucked her head back under her covers once more. A few moments passed before her phone vibrated again.

Arlo poked her head out the covers once more, her hair practically covering her face as she scoffed, answering the phone again.

"What do you want?"

"Why are you still in bed?" Matt questioned her, Arlo could already hear the judgement in his tone. "Don't you usually wake up at the ass crack of dawn?"

"Don't worry about it." She mumbled, rolling over on her back and stared at the ceiling. "How do you know I'm still in bed?"

"So you're saying you've been up for hours already and if I was at your house, you'd be ready to leave?"

Arlo hesitated.

"Are you?" She winced, not wanting to hear the answer. Silence was heard from the other end of the phone before she heard a loud honk outside, echoing through the phone.

"Hurry the fuck up." Matt spoke sternly before abruptly ending the call.

Arlo sighed, dropping her hand to her side as she stared up at the ceiling. She threw her covers off and took a step towards the mirror, noticing how puffy her eyes looked. She rubbed them profusely, walking over to her dresser and pulling out a pair of baggy shorts and her Spiderman hoodie. Arlo grabbed a pair of blackout sunglasses off her dresser, hoping they would block out her swollen eyelids.

She walked to her kitchen, filling her water bottle up and grabbing her keys before she stepped out the house, seeing the van parked on the curb with Chris waving erratically through the window.

After locking the door, she made her way to van going to pull open the back doors before it was locked just a second before her could open it.

She groaned, throwing her head back slightly. "Matt." She mumbled lowly.

"Dude come on, let her in." Chris said, lightly hitting Matt's arm. Matt unlocked the van.

"Well good morning to you, too." He laughed, looking over the driver seat seeing Arlo's attire and a tired expression on her face. "What's up with the glasses, Ms. Celebrity?"

"My eyes hurt is all." She sighed, clicking her buckle in place. "Where's Nick?"

"He spent the night at Lahna's, we're on our way to pick him up."