[ CHAPTER THIRTEEN, lovefool ]

lovefool
no vacation

these thoughts i can't articulate
got me feelin' some type of way

arloreeves just posted !

arloreeves happy holidays from me, my new camera, and the person who broke my old one

tagged matthew.sturniolo

liked by devin_paul04, thesageguillen, christophersturniolo and others !

279 comments !

devin_paul04 @mattew.sturniolo what the fuck dude i literally got her the same thing
matthew.sturniolo Too late, mine's better
arloreeves dev stop i'll cry

user wait

user y'all seeing this too right ????????

christophersturniolo Down tremendously bad
matthew.sturniolo Dude stfu
christophersturniolo Look at you lurking and shit

matthew.sturniolo I broke it like a year ago
user that doesn't make it better matt....
arloreeves @user yeah you tell himm

user MATT FUCKING BOUGHT HER A WHOLE ASS CAMERA FOR CHRISTMAS AINT NO WAY

user how did he even break it

user since when are they

user what

user this post is making me feel like im schizo

matthew.sturniolo Yeah your welcome btw 🙄
arloreeves for which part, the breaking or replacing
user bruh she's soo ungrateful?
matthew.sturniolo "Bruh" gtfo?

user i want someone to defend me the way matt defends arlo

user okk but what did you get him
matthew.sturniolo I lost my chain last month so she got me 2 news ones cause she didn't know which one I liked more

user if i didn't know any better i'd think this was matt's comment section...
user FR 😭 why is he everywhere
matthew.sturniolo Hi
user nah gtfo matt

nicolassturniolo You wanna be me so bad
arloreeves yes 🙏🏻 teach me your ways

THE CAR RIDE home was silent. Again. Though this time that silence wasn't filled with annoyance or tension. Rather, filled with comfort and confusion.

Matt had insisted on giving Arlo a ride home since she had walked all the way to their house, per Chris' request. He wanted to find some way to make it up to her. For ignoring her all those years. He wanted to rebuild their friendship, regardless of the feelings he knew he still had deep down.

Very deep down.

That's why he got her the camera for Christmas. He was hoping his efforts and attention to detail would shift their awkwardness back into the way they were before. But it didn't.

Both teens' minds were on each other as they say side by side in the car, not speaking a word to each other. The soft sound of music playing from the radio was the only thing keeping the car a step away from absolute dead silence.

Arlo's mind was racing almost impossibly more than Matt's. She had been thinking about the gift. What it meant to her. To him. His efforts definitely didn't go unnoticed.

Nothing Matt did ever went unnoticed by her.

She knew they had resolved their little issue, but she didn't know if that meant they were officially friends again. Obviously the years of distance and tension wouldn't go away within a matter of a few days, but she had hoped it would.

Arlo's mind couldn't take the silence anymore. Doing what she does best, her voice interrupted the two of them in deep thought.

"You didn't need to drive me home." She said, turning her head to face him. His eyes never once left the road but she noticed how he knuckles tightened around the steering wheel.

"I wouldn't make you walk in the snow." He replied. "You know that."

"Well I walked all the way here, I'm sure I could do it again."

"More of a reason for you not to. You'd get too tired, especially after the snow ball fight."

Arlo didn't know why she kept pressing the matter. Maybe arguing was the only way she could get him to talk to her.

"I know, I'm just saying like there's no need to go out of your way, I'm sure-"

"Do you want me to pull over so you can walk the rest of the way home?" Matt interrupted, glancing at her this time. Though, his tone was sarcastic, the expression on his face seemed serious.

"..No." She said defeated.

"Then stop complaining and let me take you home." He spoke softly, his words held no annoyance or anger towards her. He just wanted to drive her home and Arlo's brain still couldn't grasp the idea of it.

It's hard to go from arguing and being shut down constantly to suddenly reciprocating acts of kindness towards one another. It was what she's wanted all these years, but now it felt different.

So instead of saying anything more, she turned the volume in the car up slightly and continued as if the conversation never happened.

Pulling up in her driveway, Matt unlocked the doors for her to get out but before Arlo could pull the handle he spoke up.

"So.. can we- um. Does this mean we're friends now?"

Arlo took her hand off the door handle and turned to him.

"Do you want to be?"

"Yes." He spoke with haste before clearing his throat. "I mean, yeah. If you're okay with that."

Arlo smiled softly at the boy before nodding. "Yes, I'm okay with that."

Matt smiled back, "Friends."

"Friends."

hiii...
so it's been like..
a year.

i'm sorry.
BUT IM BACK

this was rushed because i felt bad and wanted to post at least something before i finally get back into writing long ass chapters again.

love you <3