I.I

Niklaus Mikaelson was feared by many.

He had thousands of enemies, but none dared to conspire against him. They knew they would not succeed. Many had tried to best him, but they had all failed. Niklaus Mikaelson had nothing he held dear, nothing that someone could use as leverage against him.

Being a powerful and feared man came with sacrifices. Anything, or anyone, you loved was something that you could not afford to have, it was a weakness for others to take advantage of. Love was something that could destroy you. Niklaus knew that first hand. Love was nothing more than a burden and an opportunity for someone to best you.

That is how Niklaus Mikaelson saw it.

At least that was how he saw it for a thousand years, until he met Fleur Monet.

Fleur Monet was a gorgeous French woman who Niklaus met during 1992. He became infatuated with her beauty and personality the moment her laid eyes upon her. The feelings were most definitely reciprocated. Niklaus and Fleur became lovers in a short amount of time. Niklaus shared his deepest secrets with Fleur, and in return, she shared her deepest secret with him.

Fleur Monet was not an ordinary human, no. She had a gift, a mutation, if you would rather call it that. Fleur Monet was a Mutant. She obtained two powers no one else in the world could even imagine being blessed with.

Fertility and Life Generation.

With her fertility magic, Fleur could enchant anything to make someone fertile. It did not matter whether it was herbs, jewelry, or even people themselves. Her power also affected her. She never used her second power. It scared her too much. There were always consequences to life and death magic. That was what she was taught, and she stayed away from them.

Three months after Niklaus and Fleur started sharing intimate moments together, Fleur fell pregnant. Something that should have been impossible for anyone other than her. Her lover did not believe her at first. He was a vampire after all, and vampires cannot procreate. Niklaus was hurt and angry with Fleur for weeks. He believed that she had been with another man during their time together. He had fallen in love, again, and he had gotten hurt, again. On the third week after Niklaus left her, Fleur finally found him again and begged him to let her explain.

He listened, and then felt like a fool for forgetting one huge detail about the lovely Fleur Monet. He spent the next 5 months making sure that he apologized to her every day for what he had said to her, and she forgave him each time. The two of them were finally happy, their life was perfect, but all perfect things are destined for destruction.

April 6, 1993

"Come on love, we are going to be late!"

"Nik, I think my water just broke."

"Everything is going to be okay, flower, I love you."

"She's losing too much blood!"

"Get her boyfriend in here, she needs to say goodbye."

"I am sorry Nik. Je t'aime toujours."

Those were the last words that Fleur Monet said to her lover before death claimed her, relieving her from the pain she was in.

On April 6, 1993 Niklaus Mikaelson lost someone he truly and deeply loved, but he was gifted with the most precious, beautiful thing he could have ever wished for.

On April 6, 1993 Ryden Nikol Mikaelson finally made her debut in the world, and let us just say that everyone is in for one hell of a ride.