I.IV

Lucien Castle had never been in an actual relationship in his thousand years of living. Sure, he had flings in the past, but none of them meant anything to him. He couldn't ever bring himself to date anyone for one reason.

Niklaus Mikaelson

That bastard had the audacity to make Lucien fall in love with him during his human years. Lucien never said anything though. Back then, even the thought of two men being together in a romantical sense was unheard of. He also could tell that Aurora De Martel was utterly smitten with Nik, and he thought that the feelings were reciprocated.

Apparently he was very fucking wrong.

Now, a thousand years later, Lucien sat in front of his sire listening to him explain that he was now a father, which shouldn't be possible, and that he was alone while trying to raise a child when he had no idea how. Lucien wanted to kick himself in the ass for agreeing to have lunch with the man he tried so fucking hard to hate. He wanted to hate him so much, but the love that he tried to ignore for nine-hundred years, losing one-hundred because of the shit Elijah had pulled, was still there.

Nothing would get that stupid feeling to go away. He slept with countless women, and men, but the feelings remained. He tried to hate Nik for leaving him, but the reason why he left made Lucien understand. There was also the time where he tried to hate Nik for making him love him, that one stuck. The hatred Lucien felt for Nik was almost as strong as the love he felt for him.

Staring at his sire now, all the feelings that he tried to lock away and get rid of came rushing back, hitting him in the face so fucking hard he thought he was going to puke. The feeling only intensified when Nik said something that Lucien would have never thought would come out of his mouth.

"I was never in love with Aurora, Lucien. I was in love with you."

Lucien was speechless. The churning feeling in his stomach only intensified the more he thought about the words he just heard. The man he was in love with for the majority of his undead life, loved him back at one point. Lucien's hatred for Elijah only intensified, wanting nothing more than to make the man suffer and feel the same pain that he made Lucien feel.

Nik watched Lucien's face go from shocked to murderous in seconds. The blonde unconsciously tightened his hold on Ryden, ready to run if Lucien was to attack him. He didn't think that Lucien was going to act like this when he told him, but he knew it was a possibility. The original thought that Lucien was going to laugh it off, taking it as a joke, but that didn't happen.

Ryden was looking between the two men with wide eyes. This was something she was expecting due to her vision, but it was still shocking to hear in real life. When Lucien first appeared on the originals, she thought that the two would have been a good pair, romantically or platonically, before Lucien let it be known that he was there to kill the original family. Ryden already knew that Lucien wasn't going to hurt her or her father, so she wasn't afraid of his reaction.

"You're telling me that it's fucking Elijah's fault that I never got a fucking chance with you? Je jure que quand je verrai Elijah, je vais lui enfoncer un pieu si loin dans le cul qu'il va lui casser les dents!" Hearing Lucien slip into French during his angry confession caused a shiver to go down Nik's spine. Not the time Nik. Just then, Lucien's words finally registered in Nik's brain.

"Lucien" The man looked at Nik, angry eyes softening at the sight of his concerned face. "What did you mean when you said that it was Elijah's fault you never got a chance with me?" Lucien looked down at the table, trying to think of what to say.