°•° Unconventional (pt. 1) - Maroon Nights °•°

A/N Soooo, funny story... XD Uhm, this "one shot" ended up almost being twenty google doc pages (so basically a whole other short story)... So, um, yeah... I'm going to split it into two parts just so it doesn't seem too boringly looooong. But, hope you enjoy it despite its length. I spent a lot of time on it so I hope it worth it XD

I popped my knuckles as I listened to the phone ring.

I thought that it was about to go to voicemail when, finally, the phone clicked. "Why are you calling me?"

I rolled my eyes. "Hello to you, too, brother."

He made a weird grunting noise followed by a shuffling. "You didn't answer my question."

"Why can't I just call you?"

Oliver snorted. "You don't just call me. You barely even text me."

Okay, maybe that was true but... "I'm just busy a lot."

"Right." Something crashed and he grunted again.

"What in the world are you doing?"

"None of your business."

"It's a lot of my business if whatever you're doing is going to make Baba kill you."

More shuffling and then, "Fine. I'm just cleaning a bit."

I narrowed my eyes even though he couldn't see me. He never cleaned his room unless Baba made him. And from the sounds of it, it seemed like he was doing it by free choice and not procrastinating. Which only meant... I cackled. "No way! My little bro's having a girl over!"

An even louder thump and grunt. "How the heck did you figure that out?"

I laughed again. "Come on. You never clean on purpose. And you're fifteen. It's about time."

He grumbled. "Well, I'm not having a girl over. I'm just... cleaning."

"What's her name?"

"There is no girl, Bec."

"Is she nice?"

"Bec..."

"Is she cute?"

He was quiet.

"Aw, she is!" I squealed. "You are going to have to introduce me to her. I bet she's already in love with you."

"Bec!" he growled. "Stop it. Mersi is just a friend. That's it. She's coming over so we can study for finals. That's it."

He was crushing hard if he was denying it this much. "Alright, alright. I still don't believe you, but I'll let it drop."

"Thank you," he mumbled, followed by more shuffling.

"So when is she coming over because I kind of have a favor to ask of you?"

"You, asking me for a favor? When was the last time we even talked?"

"Last Friday you texted me a picture of Baba in a speedo that you photoshopped. Which, by the way, gross."

He snorted. "One, that was awesome. Two, that doesn't count as talking."

"It counts in my book. But I really need help, Oli."

Either my voice sounded extra desperate or the use of his childhood nickname that only I had used caught his attention. With a sigh, the shuffling stopped and he replied, "What is it?"

Again, I popped my knuckles even though I had already popped most of them. My heart sped up its beating and my smile fell. This was why I had really called my brother. And I kind of felt bad for it being for selfish reasons, but I really needed everything to work out today. Today was important. "Jonah is going to come by the house later."