°•° True Commitment - Golden Rain °•°

My stomach tumbled in excitement as I stood backstage in a T-shirt and athletic shorts. Perhaps I was a bit nervous, too, but elation brought a smile to my face as my eyes remained trained on the TV monitor.

A group of nine other people stood in similar attire around me, our blue shirts signifying that we were all here for the same reason. Others, like the three kids' parents, as well as any other loved ones, stood about with them, talking with grins.

I walked back over to the cubby with my change of clothes, towel, and personal items, picking up my phone. Sav said she was in the parking lot on her way in, a couple minutes ago but she'd yet to surface. While I would have been able to do this without her here, having her ecstatic support for me would make it all the better.

I let out a deep breath, thinking back to her face when I'd told her a few weeks ago that I'd signed up to be baptized today. She'd stared at me in surprise for a moment before tackling me in a hug, squeezing the air out of me as she laughed brightly.

A grin pulled to my face. I knew she wouldn't miss this for the world.

I replaced my phone, my eyes pulling back to the TV monitor. The musicians were about to take the stage in a couple minutes and after the first song, they would begin the baptisms. They went by last names, so I was toward the end, only a pair of about ten-year-old twins behind me in line. I didn't really mind waiting, though, as long as I got to do it.

The right side door leading into the Green Room pushed open and my gaze turned attention there. One of the assistant pastors held it open as a familiar redhead stepped in.

Sav's eyes flickered about before quickly finding me, her face glowing with eagerness. It took her not three steps before she slammed me in a hug.

Chuckling, I wrapped my arms around her waist. "Hey."

"Hey." She pulled away, though her hands still rested on my shoulders. "Are you ready?"

"Completely."

Her smile only broadened. "Miranda's here, too, right?"

I nodded. "She's looking after Abigail in the sanctuary right now."

Her expression flattened slightly. "So Kaybree decided not to come?"

My heart sank a little, though I knew it was only temporary as my excitement had been building for weeks now. "She's still... getting used to all of this," I told her. "I don't blame her, even though it would have been nice for her to be here. I don't think the large crowd would have gone over well, no matter how much she's gotten better recently."

Sav nodded in understanding, her smile returning. "Well, you've got me and Mir."

"And Abigail."

She chuckled slightly. "Right."

I laced our fingers together. "I'm a little relieved that they let us have someone with us. Did you have someone with you when you were baptized?"

"Yeah, my dad. It was truly one of the best days of my life." She squeezed my hand. "And I hope it's one of your best days, too."

"I can already tell it's going to be." I pecked a kiss to her forehead.

The assistant pastor who'd let Sav into the Green Room, Pastor Elijah, interrupted everyone's conversations by stepping into the room. Just as he did so, the sound of the musicians beginning their first praise and worship song sounded through the wall, only slightly muffled.

Pastor Elijah smiled and clasped his hands together in front of him. "Is everyone ready?"

We all gave him smiles of confirmation.