°•° First Christmas (pt. 2) - Silver Clouds °•°

A soft brush across my cheek dragged me from unconsciousness. I gently leaned into it, not knowing what it was but never wanting it to stop. It was like a soft breeze and maybe it could lole me back to sleep.

I was certain that it would, until a gentle voice prodded me even more awake. "Ella... Sunshine."

I groaned and tried to bury my face in my pillow.

Jordan laughed breathily, stroking my jaw instead. "I know. But it's Christmas."

I sighed and slowly turned my face out in the open again. I forced my eyes open and was happy to see that Jordan hadn't turned on the lights yet. The mid morning sunshine streaming around the curtains was just the right brightness where I didn't have to squint but I could still see his gentle smile.

He continued to stroke my face and I breathed out in contentment. "Merry Christmas. But I think I'm going to go back to sleep now."

I closed my eyes again but I knew he wouldn't let me fall back to sleep when he chuckled again, leaning forward to brush a kiss on my cheek. "Sunshine, you know we have to go to my parents' today."

I didn't mean to groan but maybe I did. I loved Jordan's family, but right now, after working so hard yesterday and staying up until midnight, all I wanted to do was snooze until New Years.

"Just a couple more minutes?" I asked, nearly begging.

He smiled and nodded. "Okay, fine."

Smiling happily, I scooted over and snuggled up next to him. He wrapped one arm around my shoulders and the other pulled me closer around the waist. His warmth seeped into me, better than any blanket I'd ever found, and I could feel his slow, comforting heartbeat against my hand that rested on his chest. Despite knowing I'd enjoy myself at his parents' house later, right then, there was no place I'd rather be.

I had nearly dozed off again when he muttered, "I have a gift for you."

Sighing, I opened my eyes again and looked up at him. "You didn't need to get me anything."

He smiled slightly. "You say that every time I get you something."

"And it's true every time."

Pecking a kiss on my forehead, he slowly unwrapped himself from around me and started to get up.

I grabbed his arm. "Noooooo. Don't leave me."

Laughing, he bent over and kissed my forehead again, plus both cheeks, my nose, and lastly my lips. "There. That should tide you over while I go to the closet and get your gift."

"No, it won't. I'm cold now."

"I promise I'll be right back." And then he rounded the bed and headed toward the closet door, flipping on the light. I watched him, trying to look upset at him though I was secretly curious to see what he got me.

I'd had a tough time coming up with something good for him, but I'd been pretty proud when I'd found a place here in town that was able to engrave on camera parts. I'd gotten him new lenses for his camera with engravings of his favorite Bible verses and little things I loved about him around the metal framing of each. I'd been planning on giving it to him at his parents' house but since he was giving his gift to me now, I rolled out of bed and grabbed the bag I'd hidden in the bottom of the dresser.

When Jordan came back, I was sitting criss cross on the bed and holding out the bag to him.

He sat down in front of me with a grin. "You didn't need to get me anything," he teased.

I rolled my eyes and placed it in his lap. "Just open it."

He set my gift to the side and started to pull out the tissue paper. He reached in and took out the black storage bag for the lenses. "Ella, thank you but I already have lenses."

I chuckled. "Look at them, doof."

Unzipping the bag, he peeked inside and then gently grabbed one of the lenses. He held it up and then noticed the engraving on the outside. His eyes scanned it and then he smiled, meeting my eyes. "They all say something different?"

I nodded.

"Ella..." He leaned forward and drew me into a hug. "Thank you. I'll be using these every day now."

My heart warmed at hearing him say that, knowing that I'd be with him even when I wasn't.

"Now your turn," he said when we separated, grabbing my gift and handing it to me.

"Okay." I grabbed it and went through the same process of pulling out the paper and taking out the gift. My eyebrows furrowed at what I pulled out, trying to figure out what it was. "Is it... a scratch book?"

He shifted closer so he was sitting next to me. "It's a photo album."

I opened to the first page, seeing that there were already some pictures in it. A selfie from when we'd gone to New York for the first time. A photo from Thanksgiving when we'd shared our first kiss. Several pictures as when we'd reconnected and then eventually started dating again. One from the day he proposed, which I had to glare at him for since I had makeup stains all down my face from happy crying. Then ones from our humble wedding and then tons from our mission's trip to Ecuador. They kept going until they made it to a picture from yesterday. I had no clue how he'd found the time to print it out, but he was always a magician when it came to photography stuff.

But the rest of the book, which was about three fourths of it, was empty. "Do I get to add the rest?"

He nodded. "Go back and look at the Thanksgiving day photo."

I flipped back and inspected it. And there, to the side of it, was a caption: First kiss.

"Now to our wedding day photo."

And with that picture was also a caption: First day to the rest of our lives.

I laughed slightly and gave him a sweet smile. "This is adorable, Jordan."

"Wait," he whispered. He started flipping through pages, going to the empty ones. I watched him curiously and when he landed on one, I realized there was an empty photo spot that had a caption: First issue with in-laws. He flipped again. First big fight married (and resolution). Again. First new tradition together. First big vacation... First kid... First time we feel old.

He filled the book all the way to the back. My jaw had gone slack in awe as I read them all. He'd thought of everything. And there were spots for extra firsts where we could write in the captions. It was all there.

"Jor..." I mumbled. "This... this is amazing."

He grinned. "It's all of our firsts. Every single one. So that you can have perfect pictures for all of them."

I met his eyes. He really had cared about the photo yesterday. He'd been listening. "This is so much better than my gift to you," I said, laughing slightly.

"No, it isn't. But I'm glad you like it."

"I love it, Jor. So much. Thank you." I reached up and cupped his face, drawing him closer. I kissed him passionately, showing all of my gratitude and love for him. He was smiling into the kiss and I couldn't help smiling too.

We pulled away and he brushed his thumb over my lips. "How are we ever going to make it to my parents' house now? Can we just stay here? Please?"

I laughed, shaking my head. "We promised."

He huffed. "I suppose."

"But we'll have all day tomorrow to spend with each other."

With an even bigger grin, he replied, "Perfect." Then he brushed another kiss to my lips.

A/N Okay, yes, I know this one was shorter and all fluff but, come on! It was absolutely adorable!! I just had to write it! They're too cute not to write about XD Anyway, what did you think? Did you like their gifts? (It took me a while to try and come up with cute gifts for them to give to each other but I hope I succeeded!) Also, I hope this answers why Ella's dad was at their Christmas celebration the day before but not Jordan's parents. Because I know someone is going to ask about that XD Thank you guys for reading! Love ya ----->