chapter 3

In no time, the two of them reached the Qian Cao peak. When Shen Qingqiu landed, he god many stares from the passing disciples. Some were shocked, some gave out warm smiles. Shen Qingqiu ignored everyone and went straight into the peak lord's palace. He ordered the head disciple to take care of Shen Yuan and check if he had any broken bones.

Meanwhile | ೃ࿔₊•

Mu Qingfang had just returned from a meeting when he suddenly saw that his peak was upside down. Every disciple was rushing towards the palace. It was very weird to see this especially cuz Qian Cao peak's disciple were usually very quiet and weren't the type to gossip.

He went towards were the crowd was going. On the way there, he managed to hear what was happening from some disciple's gossip "Shen-shixiong has a child ? That's so absurd. For i know, he hasn't even touched any lady yet" Mu Qingfang sighed as he heard more of the gossips but just chuckled at the thought of Shen Qingqiu having a baby.

He went inside the palace and one of the disciple's told him were Shen Qingqiu was.

He entered the room and was stunned. He saw Shen Qingqiu sitting near the bed while the head disciple was checking a little kid. If anyone had to describe it, it looked like a parent sitting near their kid who was having a checkup. It was really a heartwarming scene.

"Greetings, Shen-shixiong." Mu Qingfang said and bowed while clasping his hands.

"Greetings" it might seem rude if it was someone else but this was Shen Qingqiu who we are talking about so even having his nod was considered grateful.

"If you don't mind, may i ask who this child is ?" Mu Qingfang asked while coming towards the child. He excused the disciple who was checking the little kid and started inspecting himself.

"I myself don't know. I found him getting beaten up by some kids so i bought him here incase he had some injuries" Shen Qingqiu explained himself. This can be considered the longest sentence he has ever said without insulting someone.

"Oh.. it's good that you bought him here but doesn't he have parents? They might be looking for him." He asked while writing something on a page, possibly the medicines needed. "I asked him about his parents but he said that he was an orphan" he said and suddenly stood up.

"I will now take my leave. If this brat wakes up, do let me know" and with that....he just left. Without telling anything about the kid. Mu Qingfang sighed and continued with his work.

After a few hours | ೃ࿔₊•

Shen Yuan opened his eyes slowly and found himself yet again in an unknown place. He sat right up and started looking around the surroundings. This room had an atmosphere of a hospital room.

When he was still questioning what he should do, a man suddenly came in. The man was not Shen Qingqiu but he was dressed very nearly. Before he could ask anything to that man or to the system, the man spoke.

"Oh, you are awake. How are you feeling now?" The man asked while sitting in front of him and taking his wrist for checking his pulse. "I am feeling quite right, sir"

Shen Yuan said and looked at Mu Qingfang with doe eyes. Mu Qingfang was internally screaming right now. "OH MY GOD, how can a kid be so cute and his speaking etiquettes are so nice. Where do you get this kind of kid. Awww"

For saving his face as a peak lord, he composed himself and asked with a slight smile "That's a good thing. This is Qian Cao peak's lord Mu Qingfang. May i know your name and age?"

"My name is Shen Yuan and i am seven years old" when the kid introduced himself, Mu Qingfang's smile dropped. "Shen ? Is he really Shen-shixiong's child? He does have the same eye colour and some of his features look the same too but how is this possible?"

Brushing these thoughts off, Mu Qingfang asked "When was the last time you ate?" Shen Yuan pondered over this question and thought "ever since i came here, i haven't eaten anything have i...?"

Not remembering the answer, he said "i don't really know" hearing this, Mu Qingfang nodded in an understanding way "that right about tell why he looks so small for his age. Poor little kid" with this, he left the room.

"Hey, system. Are you there?"

[ Greetings, the system is user friendly and is available 24 hours ]

"What am i supposed to do now?"

[ For now, you can think of how to make your relation with Shen Qingqiu more secure. ]

"Ugh ! Why was i chosen to do this, huh ? Hmph. By the way, how many B points do i have?"

[ You currently have 1100 B points ]

" That's a good amount, i guess"

He sighed and was about to lay down when Shen Qingqiu entered the room. He had a stern look on his face. He stood besides the bed and looked down upon Shen Yuan.

"Are you feeling good now?" He asked. "System ? You sure this is the real novel and not some other novel ? Why is he being like this ?"

[ You should be happy that your bones aren't broken by those kids and give your attention to the missions, brush off the other thoughts :) ]

"....... "

This message sent chills down Shen Yuan's spine. Ignoring this, he said "I am feeling alright, sir. Thankyou for saving me back then"
Shen Qingqiu hummed in response and sat at the chair placed besides the table.

A girl came in with a tray which had a bowl in it. She placed it infront of Shen Yuan and left after bowing to Shen Qingqiu.

Shen Yuan noticed the bowl and inside of it was some congee. He picked up the bowl but unfortunately, it was too hot and heavy. He immediately dropped it on himself. He was waiting for the hot sensation and pain on his legs but nothing happened.

He opened his eyes and saw a hand holding the bowl firmly. It was Shen Qingqiu's hand. Though the bowl was very hot, he didn't show any signs of pain. "You should be careful, brat. Don't be so reckless"

Shen Qingqiu bought a spoonful of congee towards Shen Yuan's mouth. Shen Yuan ate it, it did lack a little flavour but the care in Shen Qingqiu's eyes made it seem like it was the most delicious thing.

In the real world, Shen Yuan had left his home when he was 15. Living alone, he had to prepare his own food and take care of himself when he was sick. So, Shen Qingqiu doing this made him feel extremely happy. But it didn't last for long, at last, this was just a novel and when he would get to the ending, he  would have to go back to his world and live his life....alone.

"What's the matter, brat ?" "Nothing, sir. Im just thankful fod everything you've done for me till now" Shen Yuan said and gave him a warm smile.

To be frank, Shen Qingqiu wanted to squeeze this kid right now. The smile he gave him, no one has ever giving this expression to him. It were either cold gazes or the smiles of pity and fear.

"Hmmm. Have this and we are going to go to my Qing Jing peak and you can call me shizun from now on" he said while still feeding the congee to Shen Yuan.

Shen Yuan's cheeks held a light tint of red because of all the warmth he had been feeling from the kindness of Shen Qingqiu "Yes shizun!"

He said and lept at Shen Qingqiu for giving a hug. "Now now, you can't just hug your shizun like that" Shen Qingqiu said in a cold yet warm tone.

"Sorry, hehe" it was as if the 20 year old Shen Yuan had really turned into a 7 year old kid. He felt happy. Happy after many years of loneliness.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AN: sorry for unpublishing earlier lol i forgot to save after writing the ending and then published it :')
Please tell me if it's good up until now, im new to these things so it's kinda helps me out with my writing <3 Btw, our golden protagonist comes up in the next chapter :3