chapter 6

Things have been going smoothly lately and that's probably because Shen Qingqiu wasn't present on the peak.
.
.
.
.
[ Greetings, host. Here's your new mission ]

"Oh fuck off" Shen Yuan was really fed up of this system now. He had been on mission ever since he has returned back to the peak. All he has done till now is be a maid for the golden protagonist. Serving him food, helping him practice his skills, aiding his injuries and what not.

Shen Yuan sighed and questioned the system "Don't get me wrong, i love helping this kid but isn't this too much ? If anyone were to know these things, they'd think im his wife or something"

[.......]

"And now you're silent"

[ Host, please don't be mad. You have to complete the missions or else the immediate action would be taken, that is death ]

"Are you blackmailing me right now ? Oh gosh how many times do i have to die ? Ugh, fine, tell me what it is"

Shen Yuan huffed and walked towards the forest. If system was a human, shen yuan would surely kill it but right now, he's the one who can be killed by the system.

[ Your next mission is to collect objects that you can use in the future ]

"You mean like those treasure chests in RPG games?"

Shen Yuan thought for a while. He had played enough games to understand what the system was saying but still, it was a bit weird to collect objects. What if the system tells him to obtain something weird ?

Shen Yuan had walked pretty far into the woods, he was about to turn back and return to the Bamboo shed when he heard some noises. Precisely, someone getting beaten up.

He walked over where the voice was coming from and hid behind two giant trees. He saw Luo Binghe getting beaten up, of course it would be him. He is the only one who is treated like this on this peak.

Shen Yuan was about to jump in the situation when the system buzzed in his head.

[ Warning! Going any further will make you loose the premium object ]

"Premium object? What is it? Is it related to Binghe?"

[ The premium object is the fake jade pendant that Luo Binghe ]

"Oh." Shen Yuan understood why it was a premium object. It was the only thing that Binghe had of his washerwoman mother. But how can he obtain that ? It's not like Binghe would ever agree to give it to him. His thoughts were interrupted by a girl's shouting.

"Ming Fan! Let go of Ah-Luo or i'll never talk to you again" it was Yingying. She definitely knew that this would work and it actually did. Ming Fan ordered his minions to stop beating Binghe and retreat back but Binghe was angry. He stood up and punched Ming Fan on his face which resulted in the jade pendant that he was holding to fly from his hand and drop somewhere.

Seeing their leader getting punched by a junior, the minions again grabbed Binghe's arms and pushed him towards the ground.

"How dare you punch me huh" Ming Fan shouted walking towards Luo Binghe. Thought Ming Fan was just a cannon fodder, but right now, Binghe hadn't gone through the abyss so Ming Fan was absolutely capable of breaking one or two of his bones.

"System, i can't just stand here and watch as Binghe gets beaten up"

[ ...... ]

"Don't get all silent, tell me what i can do"

[ You can use the leaf technique ]

Ah yes, the leaf technique. It was a simple technique that required a leaf and a little bit of your spiritual energy. Shen Yuan had tried doing it with the help of Shen Qingqiu, how can he forget it ?

Shen Yuan plucked a bunch of leaves from the tree that was infront of him. He channeled a but of spritual energy in one of them and threw it towards Ming Fan. Though he had practiced this often, he hadn't used it on a human yet.

The leaf was flying through air like a sharp needle. It hit Ming Fan and he let out a scream. "Ahh, what was that?" Ming Fan questioned and covered the would that was left by the leaf. It was as if he had been hurt by a knife.

Everyone present there had no clue about what had just happened. Ming Fan glared at Binghe and questioned "It was you isn't it? Sneaking like that on your senior from behind? Is that what your Shen-shixiong teaches you??"

Now where was this coming from? Why was shen yuan getting dragged in all of this? "Eh, i knew he hated Binghe cuz shizun did too but what have i done ? Why am i being hated?" Shen Yuan sulked upon hearing all that.

"You shouldn't say anything like that about Shen-shixiong" Binghe said clearly getting more angry as the minutes pass. He was kicked in the stomach by Ming Fan and now, he was on the ground with Ming Fan on him, his hand raised to break Binghe's forearm.

Shen Yuan picked four more leaves and threw them towards the three minions and Ming fan. It made impact with them and left them stunned. Ming Fan fell to the ground and groaned "You have a knife don't you ?" Ming Fan got up from the ground and glared at him "I'll take care of you some other time. Let's go for now" he signalled his minions and left the place.

Shen Yuan puffed a heavy sigh of relief.

"Ah-Luo, are you okay?" Yingying asked, helping Binghe get up. "Silly girl, he was just beaten up, how will ge be fine?" Shen Yuan shook his head in disbelief. He looked around and found something shining on the branch of a tree.

He jumped a little and picked it up from there. It was the fake jade pendant.

[ Congratulations for obtaining premium object. B points rewarded: 100. B points deducted 1000 ]

"Huh ?! Why are my 1000 points reduced ?"

[ You used the leaf technique and changed the plot of the novel. Binghe was supposed to have a broken arm resulting in Yingying taking care of him and Binghe falling for her ]

"What the actual fuck ? You care about plot now ? The novel is absolutely all over the place since i was added as an extra character. And 200 points for one leaf ? Isn't that too much ??"

Shen Yuan ranted his frustration. It was so mean of the system to do this. First, Shen Yuan acted like Binghe's wife and now it suddenly cares about his harem ? Seriously what the hell

[ It is important since you still haven't reached the stage where you can alter the plot ]

"And since when have you been so sassy ? Last time i remember you were like an assistant"

[ ...... ]

Shen Yuan sighed and went back to the bamboo hut.
.
.
.
.
Meanwhile, Binghe and Yingying were still looking for the jade pendant. "Ah-Luo, im sooo sorry. I didn't mean this all to happen at all. If i would've known that Ming Fan would do something like this, i would've kept my mouth shut" Yingying apologized with a sad look on her face.

Binghe looked at her and gave her a small smile "It's okay, shijie, he still would have done it either way. Come on, we should go now, the sun is about to set" he said and gestured her to come along with him.

On the way back to the dorms, Binghe looked at his left hand. He had a leaf. But the thing was, it wasn't a normal leaf. It's edges were as sharp as a knife and it had some spiritual energy in it. He knew that it was Shen Yuan who helped him back then.

He smiled warmly, knowing that Shen Yuan would always be by his side when he was stuck in a problem.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───