Jiu-ge (extra)

Shen Yuan was Shen Jiu's younger brother. Shen Yuan absolutely adores his gege and wants to be just like him, fearless and cold. But Shen Jiu absolutely hates his mindset. Fearing that Shen Yuan might become like him, he starts pushing him away and starts spending most of the time with Yue Qi. Shen Yuan doesn't know what suddenly happened but he starts developing some type of feelings. First, it was fear. Fear that he might loose his only family. Then it was jealousy. He was jealous of Yue Qi because he spent most of the time with Shen Jiu and he looked like he enjoyed his time with him. Then it was anger. How could his own sibling leave him like that for someone that they just met some time ago ?

Getting frustrated, he decided to take make his brother and Yue Qi's life miserable. He started learning demon cultivation and left Shen Jiu and Yue Qi without any notice.

On one hand, Shen Yuan was fuming with anger and betrayal, while on the other, Shen Jiu was worried. Where did his little brother wander off to ? His heart felt a pang when he realised what he had done. 

Now, after many years of hardships, Shen Yuan was finally strong enough. He was already famous in the three realms. Some feared him, some admired him. And Shen Jiu, now known as Shen Qingqiu was now a peak lord of one of the strongest sect. He still remembered the day his brother left and that moment left a scar on him that can never be healed cuz he knew he was at fault.

Shen Yuan attacked the Huan Hua palace and captured the palace master. He did this only to lure out his dear Jiu-ge, so he could finish him off, little did he know he would not be able to even face him.

All the other sects came to Huan Hua palace for defeating the demonic cultivator, but the disciples stood no chance infront of him. Even Liu Qingge, the war god was having a hard time. When Shen Yuan finally faced Shen Qingqiu, his feet stopped moving. He felt like he was frozen all of a sudden. What was he waiting for ? He can finally finish off the person who made him feel like an orphan, who made him feel like he wasn't needed in this world.

He could finish him right off but something, that he could not pin point was stopping him. Maybe it was the little amount of admiration left for Shen Jiu. But Shen Qingqiu didn't stop. He was now a peak lord who left his past in the past and started his new life on the peak. He saw Shen Yuan not moving and unsheathed Xiu Ya. He swung it forward, attacking Shen Yuan right in his heart.

Shen Yuan still was in a daze when he realised a sudden pain in his chest. He knew what happened, actually, he already knew what was going to happen but he decided to not move. He thought that it was his punishment to think of finishing his gege off. He thought he deserved it.

"Jiu-ge" he uttered with a smile, falling down to his knees and then coughing up blood. He started feeling dizzy and fell down to the ground with a thud, blood flowing from his chest and forming a puddle.

"Xiao Jiu-" Yue Qingyuan called out Shen Qingqiu. He finally snapped out of the daze in which he fell without even noticing. He analysed what he just did. Again, the same pang in his heart. But this time, it was like someone held his heart and then tear it into two pieces.

He flopped to the ground on his knees, crawling towards his little brother's body. He flopped his lifeless body over just to see that once expressive, cute face having no expression at all. He shook Shen Yuan's body, in hopes of him getting up just like he used to when they were kids.

They would always play sword fight with some sticks and Shen Yuan always used to be the one who acted dead. One could say that he was actually dead by the way he acted. No motion at all to be detected in his little body. He would always get up with a huge smile, feeling satisfied by playing with his gege.

But now, he wasn't smiling, neither he was getting up.

A tear rolled down Shen Qingqiu's eye, realising that he met his little brother afted so long only for him to go and never come back again. If only he would have talked with him, if only he wouldn't have pushed him away, maybe they could've been the powerful peak lord duo ? But thinking all this now was of no use cuz this would never happen.

Shen Qingqiu hugged Shen Yuan's body and cried. Other peak lords didn't have anything to say. How could they ? They never knew it was his brother for whom he was crying. In their eyes, it was the cold selfish scum that was crying. Who knew a scum could also cry for someone else ?

—————————————————————————

A/N: sorry i could not update because of my busy schedule, i've been trying to write for so long but whenever i opened the app, my inspiration flew away. so this is an apology chapter. please be patient and i'll update after the 27th. for sure this time. i've got a lot of points i want to add in the story. (also, this was in my drafts that i wrote long ago, so the grammar isn't perfect + english isn't my first language</3)

anyways, @/lili_rkiive on Instagram, i need some friends lol 😔☝🏻 plus, you can drop your suggestions in the comments or in my dms