chapter 7

Shen Yuan was in the training grounds, teaching the new disciples that just entered the Qing Jing Peak. He was assigned to this task because he was in his middle core formation stages. That was because ever since Shen Qingqiu had taken him under his care, he had been training him.

Shen Qingqiu wanted Shen Yuan to be stronger than he was so that, he wouldn't have any problems in his future like he himself did. Shen Qingqiu, despite being a peak lord is at the mid stages of core formation. Shen Yuan was confused at first that Shen Qingqiu was doing all this for him, as, in the real PIDW, Shen Qingqiu punished Binghe for being better than him.

Later on, Shen Yuan understood why Shen Qingqiu had suddenly changed so much. He realised that Shen Qingqiu thought of him as his own little brother or maybe son, making the bond between them even stronger. Shen Yuan treated Shen Qingqiu as his own brother too. They both were happy with each other and would do anything to protect them.

Even though Shen Yuan had to call him shizun infront of the disciples, Shen Qingqiu allowed him to call him gege.

Moving on, Shen Yuan was a strict and disciplined man when it came to training the disciples of the peak, unlike the outgoing and goofy nature of his when they were enjoying.

"Do you think that form will make you ascend to the later core formations? You won't even get past the middle stages with that form" Shen Yuan scolded. He hated working with the new disciples because they didn't know anything about the postures or what to be done, so he usually gave that task to Ming Fan. But today, unfortunately, Ming Fan was called by Shen Qingqiu to discuss something.

"How are things going, A-yuan?" Shen Qingqiu asked, standing behind Shen Yuan who was scolding the kid.

Shen Qingqiu was ethereal, his long hair flowing like the cold river water, the stray hair on the sides of his face structured his face so perfectly, he looked unnatural. On top of that, his cold and distant expression added more sugar to the cake. Whenever he would visit his students, the students would stare at him in awe, completely awestruck.

Shen Yuan turned back and bowed "It's going well, shizun. What brings you here?" Shen Yuan asked, confused.

It was indeed very rare to see Shen Qingqiu out in the training grounds. He usually took care of teaching literature and arts to the disciples.

"Do you remember the Shuang Hu City?" Shen Qingqiu asked, closing his fan and tapping it on his palm.

"Shuang Hu City? There's reports about people disappearing there, am i right?" Shen Qingqiu asked. He was present when Yue Qingyuan and Shen Qingqiu were discussing about this.

"Indeed, it is as you have guessed. I want you to go and take a look at it. Take Ming Fan and some other disciplines with you"

{ ding! New quest appeared! Go to the city and help the people (⁠◠⁠‿⁠・⁠)⁠—⁠☆ do you accept?

> Accept           >Decline }

Shen Yuan looked at the screen and the at Shen Qingqiu, there was a blue exclamation mark on his head, just like a quest giving npc. He saw the decline option and tried clicking it a few times but it didn't do anything.

"Dammit, if you won't let me decline, why give that option?"

{ we want our users to have a good experience with our facilities, the decline option can't be chosen because this quest is necessary for the plot to progress (⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ⁠) }

"Honestly, fuck you"

He said and accepted the quest.

Soon, they all sat on their horses and went towards the city. Shen Yuan was leading all of them while Binghe was at the back, being bullied by the other disciples.