Mattholomule's Musing

A quick Mattholomule x Gus (Gustholomule) little story because I'm tired of writing long, slow burn stories right now so take some ship writing-

I may be posting more oneshots before an actual long story update.

Mattholomule sighed and flopped down onto his bed after a long day.

Another adventure with his friend Augustus, or, Gus. But Mattholomule never called him that. It wasn't like they were that close of friends.

"What a day..." Matt faced the ceiling and stared up at the Flyer Derby poster he had hung up awhile ago.

A poster of the most famous Flyer Derby players, with an encouraging message to "Join your local Flyer Derby Team!".

Augustus played Flyer Derby...

Mattholomule groaned and covered his eyes with his hands.

No, no. Augustus played Flyer Derby. It'd be weird if Mattholomule joined the team. Playing with that plant magic girl and...him.

It'd be embarrassing anyways.

Right?

Matt turned over and hugged the pillow in front of him while laying on his stomach. He thought about it.

Augustus wasn't apart of the H.A.S. club at the moment due to his suspension from Principle Bump. So, Mattholomule wouldn't see him then. Maybe Matt could put being the club president on hold and try out for the Flyer Derby team?

Only for the reason of trying new things!

And even then, Mattholomule could be better "friends" with Augustus! Not that it mattered or anything...

But, maybe it did?

Mattholomule sighed, hiding his face in the pillow he held tighter.

So what if he did want to get closer to Augustus? It was just in a friendly manner. Nothing more.

Though, that's what he said last time. When he decided to do multitrack with Construction and join the Illusions track. Was it just interest or...was it for something else?

It's not like Mattholomule joined the Illusions track just for Augustus. He was interested in the magic and had even grown to respect Illusions, but it just felt weird that part of the reason he joined Illusions was because of Augustus.

It made him feel all warm in the cheeks but weird in the stomach. That's what he always felt whenever he saw Augustus' face.

Mattholomule didn't know. He didn't understand why Augustus was making him feel this way. Why did he want to be friends with him so bad...?

Close friends...

Slowly, Mattholomule's eyes glanced up at the tiny platform above his bed frame was to hold his lamp.

A picture of him and Augustus on Mattholomule's birthday.

It made Matt's heart jump and pound in his chest, seeing Augustus' face and start to gain that warm feeling in his cheeks again.

What was this feeling? Why was it here? What did it even mean?

Mattholomule sighed and buried his face back into the pillow.

He felt to tired to think...but, he couldn't stop thinking about him.

Why did Mattholomule feel this way? Would it be weird to feel this away about a friend? And, did Augustus feel the same...?

Everything Mattholomule thought, he just wished he knew the answer to.

Did Augustus' feel what Mattholomule felt? Or was it just a wish he kept hoping to come true...