chapter 4 - too attatched

2:49 AM
I stare up at the dark ceiling of my hotel bedroom, close my sore eyes, then force them back open.
My heart keeps hurting, my stupid stick limbs are weak. I don't know what to do about her. Lollipop.
It's all been too much for me to take in. I've accidentally permanently left my world to become a living object in a completely different dimension. Then, I was forced to ignore my social anxiety and problems to create friends. I somehow gained a crush on one of them, and now I don't know what to do. None of this makes sense. What I should be doing, is getting back home somehow, no matter the circumstances of it.
But I can't. I'm too attached.
So I have to unattach myself from them.
I have to unattach myself from everyone.

..But I have to go to Leafy's house tomorrow. So I'm just going to unattach myself from Lollipop, I'm too attached to the rest..
I keep falling for their kindness. Eventually, I'm going to get backstabbed again, and deathly miss them from getting too attached. They're using me, aren't they? Objects??

────── ⋆☆⋆ ──────

10:02 AM
I'm on the right street, or at least this is where Flower said Leafy's house was. Turning a few more corners, I eventually walk up to a large cottage-like suburban plant-covered house, almost the size of a mansion. It's like the entire outside of her house is a garden. Makes sense, her name being "Leafy" and "Flower" coming to her house to hang out. I kind of hope this is all just one big fever dream I'll wake up from one day.. but I don't remember ever having a dream this long..
Walking up the front porch, trying not to knock over any plant pots, I'm about to press the doorbell until I feel uneasy again. The heart pain, the social anxiety- it's flooding back and it's exhausting. Why did I even come here? A house visit? Seriously?

Holding my breath, I press the doorbell, then fidget with my fingers.
The door quickly swings open. "HE- oh, it's you! I haven't met you before, but I saw you around! I actually wanted to invite you, but I didn't know your name. Come in!" I'm guessing, Leafy, beams at me with a cheery welcome. Slowly stepping in her house, I see the artificial lights and balloons, hearing the loud music, realizing that this wasn't just a visit.
It was a party.
RIGHT IN THE FUCKING MORNING.

"Uh- w-why is this happening in the morning?" I ask, turning to Leafy- but she already dissapeared. So, I nervously walk through the purple-light-filled hallways with plants hanging from the ceiling. Doesn't it feel like she's walking in a flesh-covered-house if she's a leaf herself? I will never understand this living-object dimension..
It's weird how Leafy's having a party in her large house, and there aren't enough objects here to make it feel like the parties you would think of. The blasting music, the crowded halls, people getting drunk.. wait, can objects even get drunk here? I uh.. I hope not.
"Y/N!!" Someone calls from behind me, making me jump. I turn around. Phew, it's only Flower.
"Finally, I found you! I uh, forgot to tell you it started at 8:00 AM." This party started at what now?
"Flower I think you forgot to tell me more than that please get me out of here don't you know I literally have SOCIAL ANXIETY?!" I quickly respond, rushing my words in panic. "..Oh. I forgot you had.. that. Also I didn't know it was a party either. And uhm.. everyone is here."
"..EVERYONE WAS INVITED?!" I burst out, my heart beating faster in fear. "Shhh! You uh- you don't want Lollipop to find out where you are.. do you?" Flower quietly asks after shushing me with her finger. Of course Lollipop is here, too. At a party.. with me.. at least it's not late at night..
"..so uhm.. where is everyone?" I nervously ask Flower in a quiet tone. "Lollipop is in the basement with Gelatin, Balloony, Bubble and Woody. Everyone else is on the top floor. I think I saw Taco alone on the balcony." Right. Only Flower, Gelatin, Lollipop and Leafy know me.
"And what the heck am I supposed to do here with my social anxiety?" I ask Flower. "Uh.. yeah.. I have no idea. Oh, also, Leafy's house has a few weird functions. Like how every door locks once it's closed, and only Leafy has the keys to them. Also, the party ends at midnight, unless you wanna stay longer."
Wha.. what? "....I can't leave?" I ask Flower as my heart drops, desperately hoping for a "no, you can still leave" or something.
"..No, nobody can leave until the party ends- or if there's an emergency." Flower nervously responds.
Are you..
Are you fucking kidding me?

(chapter 5 is really big but i didn't know where to split it so i made this tiny, kinda unnecessary chapter)