chapter 5 - trapped in a party

(woo here we go my dudes)

12:22 PM
July 22nd
I've been sitting alone in the hallway with the purple LED lights above my head, thinking about every possible situation that could happen if I were to move from this spot. Whether someone found me, I found someone, someone talks to me, I talk to someone, the party's cancelled, or I stay until midnight, and even more scenarios- I'm screwed. I shouldn't have come. What did I even expect? A short visit to "get to know each other" at Leafy's house? This isn't your normal boring life, Y/N.. this is the object dimension. Literally anything could happen. Who knows, maybe these objects CAN get drunk and make babies or some shit. Leafy is just some highly extroverted girl who thought that having this big party with every object here would be the perfect thing. It is Friday, after all, but is this really necessary?
The LED lights are weirdly giving me deja vu. Back to when I was once a human, I was thinking about my life. I had no idea I would ever end up here. Especially from everything my parent(s) had taught me about life, none of it ever mentioned a living-object dimension. Neither did anything I ever saw on the internet. I guess it was, I don't know, destiny? Why would Y/FM even say "lollipop" in their sleep? I wonder if they're saying "highlighter" or something in their sleep now..

"Oh, hey, it's the new object! Uh.. are you okay?" A unique feminine voice asks me. I look up. A red crystal with a pointed bottom stands there, a worried expression on her face. I'm guessing her name is Ruby.
"..I'm just not used to parties. What am I even supposed to do at them?" I ask Ruby. "Oh, well, you could like, sing! Wanna hear a song I made with Leafy in my FreeSmart Supervan?" Her what now? "Uh, not rea-" "Lalala, driving with my friends! La la la, having so much fun! Driving with my friends, lalala! Having so much fun.." Ruby interrupts, continuing to go on "singing". I immediately cover my ears. "..Lalalaa... hey, why aren't you singing along?" Ruby asks me, noticing my behaviour. "Uh.. I'm not really in the mood right now, sorry." I respond gloomly. "Oh, okay. What was your name?" "Highlig- I mean Y/N." "Cool! I'm gonna go sing with Leafy in my FreeSmart Supervan now, bye High!" Ruby calls to me as she runs off. Did Ruby seriously just use my drug-related nickname Gelatin accidentaly created? Ugh.. that was really random..
I wonder how the other objects are gonna react to me. I would really like to go upstairs so that people might actually know who I am, but.. as I have always known, I physically and mentally cannot do social interaction without overthinking everything, or even having a panic attack.

I hear quick footsteps running in my direction again, and look up. Leafy appears from around the corner, but stop running once she notices I can see her. "..Y/N?" Leafy walks up to me, this time a bit slower. "You can't keep sulking alone this long. It's been 2 hours since you got here."
..I've been overthinking in this hallway for two hours straight?? "I don't really understand your uh, 'social anxiety' Flower mentioned, but can you at least.. I don't know, come upstairs?" Leafy asks with hope. Nobody actually understands it, do they? Lollipop was just trying to comfort me that one time I told her that I had social anxiety. ..But why? Does she really.. care about me? She's just- oh God..
"Come on, it's not like anything that bad could happen!" Leafy exclaims, trying to uplift my mood. She grabs my hand and gives it a light tug. Her smile slowly fades into concern after I don't respond. I'm wasting her time.. just go away already, you don't actually care, you're just trying to temporarily comfort me so I don't make you feel worse. You don't actually care about me. Nobody does.
"I used to sulk a lot, too. That was when BFB was going on. I mostly sulked because a lot of people thought I was annoying, and Firey told me that nobody wanted to be friends with me. Turns out he was wrong! People are just rude sometimes. But I'm nice!" Leafy smiles again.
That sounds like a complete lie just to get me out of her hallway. This is what I mean- I'm better off not being around people.
This was my only chance to forget about my social anxiety, get a new reputation, and be happy, and have a bunch of friends. And I ruined it. My old reputation is becoming known again. I'm messing everything up. ..That's it.
I stop hugging my knees, jump to my feet, and start running down the hall. "..Oh, okay! Bye Y/N! Man, I'm so nice.." Leafy calls to me, toning down on the last part. I can tell she was smiling by the way she spoke. But I'm almost crying.
I've gotta get upstairs and make myself known before my chance is completely gone. I don't care how hard it is. I don't care.