chapter 6, flower's POV - liar

6:33 PM
August 4th
Ever since that mistake of a party, Y/N seemed kinda off. They've been awfully quiet, and keeps acting so reserved- especially around Lollipop. I get that they have a crush on her, but wouldn't they at least try to let a relationship start? Ever? Is their "social anxiety" that serious? That's all they have ever told me. I don't even know much about them other than their social anxiety, and it's been a month of us being friends. Are we even friends?
Do they even wanna be friends with me? Aren't friends supposed to go out together, and do stuff, and be happy about it? Y/N never really seemed happy about any of it. Neither did Teardrop, that one time I tried being her bestie.. yikes..
The only time I ever really saw Y/N kinda happy was probably the time they were staring at Lollipop, before I introduced Lollipop and Gelatin to Highlighter. Since then, they've just seemed like they- I don't know- hate everyone? ..I don't get it, do I?
What I'm trying to say is that I'm trying to be their friend, and help them, but it doesn't seem like Y/N cares. ..Well, other than that time I took Gelatin, I guess. I hope they're not catching onto my real plans and why I made them.
Today is August 4th. Leafy's yearly party this year was July 22nd. I forgot to tell Y/N that it was more than a visit, so they came to a party and got drunk because of me.

That night of the party, where I was trying my best to be a good friend to Y/N.. while they were drunk.. was uh, terrible. I was looking for Y/N to make sure something bad didn't happen. Like, if they did something stupid while being drunk, like hooking up with Lollipop or something. Thank goodness that didn't happen. So, once I found them, I wasn't really sure what to do. They were just sitting in a dark hallway alone, drinking. The best I could think of was to take away the alcohol and get Lollipop.. but that didn't end great. I was so frustrated, I thought maybe it was Lollipop that was the problem. Maybe she was the one obliviously making Y/N act so odd. So, I just started yelling at Lollipop to hopefully get her aware of it. She seemed like she had no idea what she was doing to Y/N. She just told me that she was trying to leave Y/N alone because she didn't want to force anything on her. That felt like a lie, but what would I know?
Then that's when Taco came in, really unexpected. Turns out Taco was also spying on Y/N and Lollipop because there was something off- but that's seriously none of her business. That's only my business, because yes- I am trying to pair Y/N with Lollipop- but I'm Y/N's friend and I'm trying to figure out what's wrong.
I was so stressed that I almost revealed why I was spying on them. Lollipop immediately interrupted me to tell us that Y/N was blacking out. I turned to Y/N and they fell to their knees with a thud, eyes closed. It was freaky to watch, and as much as friends should care.. I didn't actually help at all. I watched it happen, and almost ran away. The whole situation was so stupid. I don't even know why Lollipop cared. I don't even know if they'll end up together.

"Flower, why are you so gloomy all the time now? You used to be so, like, happy about stuff!" Ruby asks me. "..I don't know. I guess that party really took it out of me, huh?" I laugh. "Hahah, which part? My beautiful singi-" "PLEASE, RUBY." I interrupt in hopes she doesn't sing that song AGAIN. "Ugh, fiiine. The party wasn't thaat tiring. I had so much fun!" Ruby tells me. Good for you. "..But like, that party was 14 days ago! You're still tired?" "Uhh.. yeah. Flowers get.. tired.. easily? From parties. Yeah." I lie. "Hmmm.. yeah, I guess that makes sense?" Ruby replies.

Here's what happened for me, the night of July 21st.

────── ⋆☆⋆ ──────

7:30 PM
July 21st
I watch Lollipop, Y/N, and Gelatin in the town's main park from afar. Lollipop and Gelatin are talking to each other, but it looks like Y/N's being left out for whatever reason. I should get Y/N to be somewhat included, or at least talking to Lollipop. They deserve to be together more than- more than.. uh.. nevermind. I've gotta do something.
"HEY Y/N!!! STOP DOi..ng that.. talk to Lollipop.." I yell, but realize it was a bad idea and mumble on the last part. I still got their attention. ..All of theirs. "WHAAATT??" Y/N yells back to me. Uh oh. I've gotta come up with something else.
I start walking toward them with rage to seem mad. ..Maybe if I take Gelatin, Y/N and Lollipop can be alone to talk with each other, without Gelatin distracting Lollipop?
Once I reach them, I grab Gelatin. "You're hanging out with me now Gelatin." I tell him, and walk away from Y/N and Lollipop. "Wait- wha- why?? What are you doing?!" Gelatin asks me, confused. I ignore him. "..Huh. Well, if we're gonna hang out, what are we gonna-" I drop Gelatin on a bench and walk away. "Wha- hey!! What the heck!" Gelatin calls out to me. I say nothing, just walk back to where I originally was, leaving Gelatin behind.
Removing Gelatin from the conversation did something, I don't know if it's good.
I see Y/N and Lollipop in front of each other, talking. Lollipop places a hand on Y/N's shoulder, but soon after, Y/N runs away, and Lollipop lets them.
..Why?
Does Lollipop even care that Y/N ran away from her?