Training

In the month leading up to the ghost lizard incident, Stocking had been finding excuses to spend time with (Y/N). There was very definitely the scientific purpose of doing research on her mystery feeling behind this and nothing else.
On the morning after this incident, Stocking did not need to find an excuse to hang out with (Y/N) as she woke up to him destroying Garterbelt's meticulous lawn. She rushed outside as fast as she could in order to join in the destruction. Unfortunately, she wasn't fast enough.
"Stockin'!" Panty called out. "You bothering (Y/N) again?"
"Wha-? No, bitch! (Y/N) likes hanging out with me."
"How d'you know? Did you ask him?" Stocking shook her head hesitantly. "Then you could be annoying him." Determined to not show that Panty's unwanted and unneeded interrigation had gotten to her, Stocking marched out the front door.

"(Y/N)! Can I help destroy Garterbelt's grass?"
"Is that what it looks like I'm doing?" Stocking nodded. "Well, since the weapon in my hand isn't a big enough hint, I'm training."
"Why? You're already strong enough."
"With my weapons on autopilot mode. I want to be able to actually fight on my own. If I could, you wouldn't have gotten trapped in the fire."
Already knowing that she couldn't convince (Y/N) that it wasn't his fault, she chose to use her breath differently. "I'll help you train. Only if you want my help, though."
"Thanks." (Y/N) smiled slightly and stood across from her with his long katana ready.

As the pair sparred, Stocking attempted to start a conversation. "How have you been lately?"
(Y/N) replied with a simple, "better. Haven't felt properly depressed in a while. Maybe because I've been hanging out with you more."
(Y/N) wasn't sure about the last part but it felt true as it left his mouth.
Stocking blushed, fumbling with her sword and almost failing to block a strike from (Y/N). "I-I'm making you feel better?"
(Y/N) shrugged. "I think so."
"...So I'm not annoying you?" Stocking didn't intend for him to hear the question.
"Of course you're not annoying me! In fact, I like being around you." Having succeeded in embarrassing both of them, (Y/N) struggled to continue training. He had decided to 'quit while he was ahead' and return to his room.
When (Y/N) was about to leave, Stocking asked, "have you been doing more drawing?"
He nodded. "Not nearly as dark or disturbing anymore."
"Can I see them?"
(Y/N) couldn't resist the cute face that Stocking probably didn't know she was making. "Sure."

Regrets were being had by (Y/N) for the second day in a row. He had forgotten what his recent drawings were when he accepted Stocking's request. (Y/N) could see every page as she flipped through the sketchbook and the further she went, the more the repeated male and female characters featured in the drawings looked like Stocking and himself.
(Y/N) could tell when Stocking made the same realization that he had when her face went from an expression of amazement to bright red. Choosing not to explain that he didn't intend to draw himself and Stocking in what were becoming more and more romantic situations, (Y/N) stood back and let the misunderstanding unfold.