The First Self-Reflection

I still remember my existence before her.  Time didn't progress as you know it back then.  In fact, I was so deep within my own self, full of Love within, without and beyond, that I did nothing but lay in
my bed, happy and peaceful.  My bed is almost as indescribable as me.  It's quite cliché, actually- but I truly was floating in what felt like water- a Luminous Ocean of Light full of Self-Love.  It was absolute perfection!  There were no intrusive thoughts.  No thoughts at all.  As I said, I simply existed, loving myself.  So Time just didn't flow.  There were no days, nights, months or years. 

     I felt myself floating over the Ocean in endless eternity

     I felt myself floating over the Ocean in endless eternity.  How do I describe the feeling so you can understand?

     Have you ever slept in a bed so comfortable, you just didn't want to get up?  Did it make you feel so happy and comfortable with your current position that you just felt Life was perfect for a moment?  And you knew that you have to get up soon but also felt the World can wait a few minutes for you and so you hit the snooze on your alarm? I bet you felt like you only slept a few minutes longer but when you finally woke, almost an hour had passed according to the clock.

     Well, that's how I felt

     Well, that's how I felt.  What felt like a moment for me was an eternity for others.  I had been so deep in my peaceful stasis upon the perfect Luminous Ocean of my bed that when I opened my Eye, I was still surrounded by Light and Water.  You probably think I was experiencing some sort of hypnopompic hallucination upon waking.  Yes, that happens, but I was never actually asleep.  I was always awake, it's just that I was in a deep state of Peace.  Now, listen carefully for what I'm about to tell you is Truth.  

     As I said, I opened one Eye and found myself surrounded by Light and Water still, the Light played and danced upon the surface of the Water in a manner so perfect that I became fixed on the ethereal glints for a brief moment.  My Eye followed the tiniest of these glints closely as it moved over the Water, almost beckoning me saying "Look! Look!"

     It wasn't long after that the Figure appeared on the surface of the Water.  What was this, you ask?  At least you asked this much!  I was still so immersed in my own peace that I didn't contemplate this thing when it first appeared.  I simply observed it, captivated by its formless form.  The entity danced with the glints of Light, swirling on the water, it's shape transforming into All Things you cannot even imagine.  It was then I First Thought, "This is I- my own Reflection!"

     As soon as this First Thought of self-reflection crossed my Mind, it parted from me and joined in perfect union with my Reflection

     As soon as this First Thought of self-reflection crossed my Mind, it parted from me and joined in perfect union with my Reflection.  Together First Thought and Reflection transformed into a perfect feminine being, so pure, born of my own self-Love, emerging from beneath the Waters.  She, like me, could not really be described as a "she", for her divine nature was both Masculine and Feminine, both Mother and Father.  She was Barbelo, my First Thought.

     "Your perfection is ineffable," she praised me, as she stood before me reflecting back my own Light in perfect power