The First Gift

Together she and I floated now over the primordial, luminescent Waters, joining together in a cosmic dance, content in our existence together.  I truly loved her with my whole being. 
     "I was beyond happy on my own, living in inconceivable perfection," I told her.  "I had so much self-love, so full of it within that it overflowed without and beyond.  I now have you to share it with!  Ask me for anything, and it's yours."

     "Then I ask first for Incorruptibility, so that I may never create nor destroy any thing that will break this inconceivably perfect realm". 

     I consented, for my Mind understood that this First Gift ensured Goodness and only Goodness, born from purest thoughts and intentions

     I consented, for my Mind understood that this First Gift ensured Goodness and only Goodness, born from purest thoughts and intentions.  The gift of Incorruptibility came forth and stood beside her, taking the form of both man and woman, for they had been born from the emanation of my nature.  
   "I cannot understand you- you're impenetrable," Incorruptibility said to me.  Barbelo thanked me and took them by the hand and walked with them upon the surface of the luminous Waters of Life. 

     "I want to create many wonderful and beautiful things in this realm," Barbelo told them

     "I want to create many wonderful and beautiful things in this realm," Barbelo told them.  "And for that I need you beside me always, so that nothing is ever stolen in pursuit of my endeavors and nothing is ever harmed because of my works."

     "I will never leave you, for you are perfect and powerful and with such a being is where I belong," Incorruptibility responded. 

     "Walk with me then," the Divine Mother requested. 
     Barbelo returned shortly after and said to me, "My Love, give me Eternal Life.  I wish to remain with you always and in all ways".  I consented and she thanked me for the gift of Eternal Life. 

     Eternal Life emerged, they too, androgynous and a perfect representation of the Life-giving Waters that flowed in our realm. 
     "I thank you, Mother and Father," they said to us.  "I will stay with you always for you are perfect and incorruptible and I belong nowhere but with one as worthy as you."

     Barbelo turned to me and asked for Truth and I consented

     Barbelo turned to me and asked for Truth and I consented.  Truth emerged, the Light from my Self-Knowledge in anthropomorphic form. Truth stood beside Barbelo and thanked us for bringing them into being.

Barbelo took Truth by the hand and said, "Show me the Nature of the First Principle- the Invisible Spirit from which we all came

Barbelo took Truth by the hand and said, "Show me the Nature of the First Principle- the Invisible Spirit from which we all came."

It was in this way I attempted to share with her all, hiding nothing, explaining my nature to her.  For though she was separate from me, she alone now could understand my being within the limits of her capability.  She alone would come closest to comprehending my nature, though not anywhere close to its fullness.  The impenetrable veil that hid my essence was lifted and she and I merged together as one.  As she dissolved into me and lost her individuality within me for a moment, she was me- knowing those parts of me that were hidden.  But even still this was not enough, for her Light was great but still not sufficient to comprehend my nature in full. When she emerged, she thanked me and walked with Incorruptibility once again.

     "I understand much now," Barbelo said to them, "but the Invisible Spirit cannot be observed or studied for there is nothing outside It or greater than It to observe It. It is ineffable and inconceivable." They walked together hand-in-hand for some time and then returned. 

     Barbelo asked for many gifts and I happily gave her whatever she requested for I had so much to share.  She was like me, she was me, my own self-awareness come into being.  All I gave to her never was lost from me for she always reflected back what she took.  Incorruptibility stood beside her, as she asked and created.  With this First Gift Barbelo created children of all manner, Eternal Life, Truth and our Son. Emanations of myself occupied our abode, and Barbelo the womb through which All came into existence.