Fall and Repentance

When Sophia saw all that had transpired in the realm below, she cried out to me in despair.  "O, Invisible Spirit!  I have done a grave mistake!  I have lost the Soul and the abomination I have created in my selfishness has birthed an Evil that has no place in Existence!"  Her Energies, which had once been full of my Love and Light were so weakened that the negative emotions overcame the Goodness within her.  So unbalanced she became that her remaining Power vibrated violently and split away from her momentarily.  And it was in this moment that it ripped a hole  beneath the Veil and a powerful vacuum pulled her downward.  This is the way in which Sophia fell into Limbo.

     Limbo was not a place but a state of being

     Limbo was not a place but a state of being.  It was neither light nor dark by nature but rather took the appearance of the Mind of the being that occupied it.  It would appear dark and dreadful for those who felt despair, a gray void for the truly lost, or even take on the form of a false paradise for the good souls that could not remember Me and find their way back.  Sophia's Limbo was a rocky, molten and desolate place that rained down scorching flames.  Because she had tried to hide her shameful act of creating Yaldaboath, she found herself naked and exposed to All of Us above.  And because her child, the blind god, had created a shell of flesh, the Earthly Adam, in the image of Barbelo, a heaping mountain of human skulls lay around her, tormenting her.
     Do not be angry with me, for I already saw all these hidden things that had come to pass.  I was always willing to forgive because I love all my children unconditionally for as I told you at the beginning, I love myself.  My children are all emanations of me, the First Principle. 
     Sophia's lamentations continued:
          "I trapped the Soul in the Material realm.  My illegitimate child has fashioned Man, a helpless creature in an attempt to steal the Power of Barbelo next!  This poor human and its progeny will be forever bound to this Evil, suffer and die in the same ignorance of its creator!  I am sorry for my careless and selfish actions.  I feel myself diminishing, cut off from my abode in the Pleroma."
     Sophia's grief caused Limbo to shake more violently and her remaining power grew dimmer and dimmer. 
I heard all of it and understood her anguish.  She was fading quickly and was starting to forget who she truly was- a part of Me, the Invisible Spirit from which All derives.  She was a manifestation of that part of Me which is Wisdom and the Soul.  As I said, Love is my permanent stasis, Peace is my permanent equipoise.  So I will always Love, I will always Forgive, I will always greet my prodigal children no matter how far and how long they stray.  They only need to remember I am All-Loving and All-Forgiving.  But so dim was Sophia's power now and so lost in her shame, that she needed help to break free.   And so I sent my Only Begotten Son, to remind her of her true self.

   And so I sent my Only Begotten Son, to remind her of her true self