00. prologue

two years ago, june 23rd, 2021

"do you have to leave me?" chris asked his girlfriend of two years.

"sadly yes. the university of mcgill is a great opportunity for me" dorothea said.

" call me everyday" he whispered.

"well duh. i wouldn't stand not talking to you for at least a day chris" she laughed.

the girl pulled her boyfriend into a warm goodbye hug and held it for at least two minutes. she wasn't ready to leave the love of her life and her best friends. it seem just like yesterday she made chris learn how to curl her hair. well maybe because it was but that's besides the point. as she broke her hug with chris, she moved to matt.

"my little brother" he smiled softly.

"oh how i'll miss you roasting me" they laughed.

"you moron, i always roast as a joke. i mean hey, that's how chris started crushing on me"

"not true!"

"you're right. you liked the fact i was the only girl in that 2nd grade class who wasn't scared of holding your hand"

"wait they didn't like holding my hand?" he faked being speechless.

"you scratched your butt ten times in three days. they thought you had shit on your hands poop boy" dorothea smiled, moving on to nick.

"i'll miss you my soulmate" nick sighed.

"please take care of my children nick. they can be out of control at times"

"fuck you thea" matt hissed.

"see what i mean! now can you guys help me with my stuff"

the boys helped dorothea pack her father's car in a matter of minutes. the girl quickly hopped in the backseat and looked at her childhood friends.

"no tears until i leave the driveway"

"tell that to chris" her brother alex added, pointing at the fluffy haired boy.

"chris i swear if you keep going i will slap you" the girl laughed while starting to cry.

"just promise me one thing"

"go for it"

"don't leave me. i dont want to hear on social media how you broke with up me for a montreal boy. also i dont want to spend my time being miserable"

"got it" she laughed. now i have to go but i'll call you guys once i'm on the plane"

as dorothea's father started driving, thea looked in the back window of the car and saw her life standing there, waving at her.

she turned back, puts her airpods in and played sex, drugs etc. by beach weather.

she got to the airport and said her goodbyes to her father. as they were boarding, the girl received a text from chris.