09.

irl !

AS CHRIS AND THEA laughed their way to her front porch, they saw a silhouette sitting on the rocking bench. to their surprise, it was taiken.

"taiken? what are you doing here?" thea asked.

"i need to talk you dorothea. alone" he stated.

"oh okay" she said as she turned to chris. "i'll text you later"

"yeah sure" he replied as he dabbed her up goodbye.

thea was walking towards the bench her boyfriend was sitting on. as she tries to sit close to him, he scooted further and further.

"taiken what's wrong? you've been less talkative with me lately"

"well maybe it's because of that friend of yours dorothea"

"im confused. what did chris do?"

"everything. ever since we moved to boston he has been ruining our relationship"

"how is he ruining our relationship? i was just catching up with him and i don't know" she sighed before continuing her phrase. "our old complicity just reappeared. like our complicity from when we were best friends of course"

"you really don't know how it is huh?" he started. "you constantly hang out with him and basically iced me out. in the span of one month, i became a ghost to you. you never even bother to spend time with me"

"i understand that i've been hanging out with chris a lot but that doesn't give you a reason to lie about this taiken. you're acting like you didn't want to pause our relationship" she said as her voice slightly cracked. "you told me some dumb rules to respect. even before i tried talking to you and you kept ignoring me. so don't you even put all the blame on me taiken"

"why shouldn't i? if we didn't move or if you had never dm'ed him, our relationship would be healthy"

"oh so chris is the reason we became toxic? and how did you know i dm'ed him in the first place?" she shouted, getting up from her seat.

"i went through your phone" he admitted.

"you did what? what happened to honesty and privacy?"

"well what was i supposed to do!" he exclaimed while getting up to make eye contact. "i wanted to make sure nothing was going on"

"yeah so you went through my phone instead of trusting me? that's fucked up taiken. i thought you trusted me!"

"and i thought i was your boyfriend. you haven't been honest with me from the start dorothea and you know that"

"what are you talking about?"

"you and chris. i know you guys dated for two years before you dated me. why didn't you tell me?"

she rolled her eyes.

"because it's pointless to say. i wanted to move on from the past"

"but you still should've told me" he shouted.

at this point, dorothea was slightly shaking.
her voice when she tried to talk was trembling. she couldn't believe her boyfriend didn't trust her for all this time.

"i should've known" he mumbled.

"known what taiken? what."

"that you still have feelings for him. i see it in your eyes"

" i assure you i don't like chris. i only have feelings for you" she tried to get a hold of his hands, but he rapidly put them in his pocket.

"alright then" he started. "you wouldn't mind choosing between me and him don't you? it's either you pick me or you pick him and we're over"

she was shocked. the boy she had fallen in love with, the boy she thought would never do something to make her feel sad, gave her an ultimatum.

"taiken you can't do this. you're my boyfriend and he's my best friend. i care about you both a lot. but i love you very much" she slipped a tear.

"then this shouldn't be hard thea. me or him" he asked again.

dorothea stayed silent.

"we're over then"

taiken slightly pushed her out of his way to go to his room. the door slams hard when thea slowly collapsed to floor as her cries get heavier by the minute. the girl reached in her pocket to call her friend. as she's shaking, dorothea heard the door open.

"thea?" her brother said.

dorothea let go of her phone and lifted her head. her mascara was running all over her face, her hair was smudged and her eyes were puffy.

"mija, what's wrong, what happened?" he tried to calm his sister down by giving her a hug.

"taiken gave me an ultimatum to chose between him and chris"

"who did you choose?"

"no one. i just stayed silent and he ended the relationship"

"oh thea" he sighed as he brung her close into a hug.

the girl stayed in her brother's arm, crying for the rest of the night.

alicia speaks 💌

sad chapter era 😝