S1 Chapter 5: My Own Steel

Recap.

Hand demon: Your mask is what gives you away. Except, that's how I pick out who to eat.

Y/n fought the demon.

Tanjiro: Y/n, beneath you!

Y/n jumped and avoided the hands from underground and as another one shot at him...

Y/n: Blood Demon Art: Wind Wheel!

Y/n's Wind Wheel rolled down the demon's arm.

Hand demon: What are you?!

Y/n: I'm Y/n L/n, that's what. And this is, Wind Breathing, Tenth Form: Wind Sword Slash!

The tiny swords chopped some of the demon's hands and a big chunk of its neck.

Y/n: Now Tanjiro!

Tanjiro: Total Concentration! Water Breathing, First Form: Water Surface Slash!

Tanjiro cut the demon's neck horizontally and decapitated it.

The hand demon's head watched as the rest of his body disintegrates.

Hand demon: No! No! No! My bodies falling apart and disappearing. And I can't stop it!

He saw Tanjiro and Y/n sheth their swords.

Hand demon: Dammit. The face of these Demon Slayers are the last things I'm ever going to see.

Tanjiro turned to the demon with a look of sympathy.

Hand demon: I never would have thought it'd come to this.

Tanjiro walked to the bodies remaining hand.

Tanjiro: What a sad scent.

Y/n: I don't sense it's bloodlust anymore.

Tanjiro grabbed the hand and the demon shedded its final tears as Tanjiro prayed for it.

Tanjiro: Please, God... help him. The next time this man is reborn, please don't let him turn into a demon again.

The hand fully disappeared and Y/n put his hand on Tanjiro's shoulder.

Y/n: I'm sure he really appreciated that. To Sabito, Makomo and all the rest. If you can hear me, I hope you can now rest in peace.

Y/n prayed for them.

Y/n: All right, Tanjiro. Let's fix that wound of yours before Nezuko ends up with no brothers.

Tanjiro: Okay.

Y/n wrapped Tanjiro's head.

Y/n: I'm surprised that part of you got injured considering how tough your forehead is. Well, I'll be off. Try not to get into anymore trouble.

Tanjiro: I promise.

6 days later.

Tanjiro, Y/n, Zenitsu, the scar guy, and the pink tunic girl were back at the starting point.

Tanjiro: Only five of us? We started with over twenty.

Y/n: Just goes to show you how hard becoming a Demon Slayer is.

Tanjiro: That one, I blacked out and I couldn't save him.

Y/n: Don't waste sympathy on him, Tanjiro. He was going to leave you to die. He deserved whatever happened to him in there.