Chapter 1

An elderly man by the name of Albus Dumbledore was walking alone in a graveyard. He was looking for a particular grave. He came upon a gravestone that read Ariana Dumbledore and one that read Kendra Dumbledore. With tears in his eyes, he placed flowers on their graves.
Suddenly, two loud booms echoed from his far right. He knew what was over there.

  How dare anyone vandalize the Potter's graves! He thought. He pulled out his wand and ran over there.

***            

     She woke up in the dark and felt incredibly sore.

Why would James put me in a box as a joke? Idiot. she thought.

She quickly muttered a spell to blast open the box. Then she stood up covered in dust from the blast, and let out a sound halfway between a choke and a scream.

***   

  He woke up in the dark and was incredibly annoyed.

I am going to kill Sirius and Remus for putting me in a box as a joke! He thought.

He said a spell and the box exploded. He stood up and froze, to stunned to say or do anything.

The memories of what happened that fateful night came flooding back to them as they stared at each other.

  Lily and James Potter embraced each other sobbing.

  "James, it was him! He found us! He killed Harry!" Lily cried.

  "But that's impossible!" He said. Then realization hit him.

  "Pettigrew! I can't believe that he betrayed us! I'll kill him!" James shouted.

  It was then they realized they were in a graveyard. They looked at the gravestone at their feet and read their names on it.

"James, who's that over there?" Lily asked, tears streaming down her face.

  They looked at the figure, who now had his wand out.
"Lily! It's him, Voldemort! Run!" James shouted, whipping out his wand. It was then a stunning spell hit Lily square in the chest.

  "Stupefy!" James shouted. A red jet of light shot out of his wand, but the figure blocked it easily.

  It was then a thought crossed his mind, If it was Voldemort or one of his Death Eaters here to finish us off, they wouldn't have hit Lily with a stunning spell, they would have fired the Killing Curse at us.

 "Who are you!" The figure shouted .

 "Who wants to know!" James retorted.

 "I am Albus Dumbledore! Who are you!" Dumbledore said approaching.

 "Oh thank God it's you, we thought you were Voldemort," said James

 "James?" Dumbledore asked stunned.

 " Yes," he replied.

 "How dare you impersonate James Potter you filthy Death Eater!" screamed Dumbledore.

 "Wha-!"

 "Stupefy!"

  Dumbledore was infuriated. He took them to his office in Hogwarts and immediately called the potions master.

  "Severus, I need the antidote to Polyjuice potion," Dumbledore said.

  "Whatever for?" said Severus.

  "Two Death Eaters are impersonating James and Lily Potter!" said Dumbledore.

  "That's not possible!"

  "It is. I have them both stunned in my office. Bring Veritaserum too. We need to interrogate them."

  Severus rushed to his office to get the potions. He was angry beyond comparison at the thought of a Death Eater impersonating Lily. The thought made him sick. He quickly grabbed the potions and returned to Dumbledore's office.

  "Follow me," Dumbledore said.

Severus followed him until they came to a stone gargoyle.

  "Chocolate Frogs," said Dumbledore. The gargoyle jumped aside, revealing a spinning staircase. They rode it up until they came to a door. They opened it and revealed two unconscious people tied to chairs. 

  Dumbledore said a spell and the two figures woke up.

"Are you mad?!" shouted James.

"What is wrong with you?!" screamed Lily.

"Who are you?" Dumbledore asked loudly.

"Lily Potter!" said Lily

"James Potter!" said James.

"If you are then you will drink this," Dumbledore said handing them viles.

" What is it?" demanded James.

" The antidote to Polyjuice potion," Dumbledore said.

"Aright," said Lily and James.

They drank the potion and nothing happened.

"Severus, hand me the Veritaserum," a visibly shocked Dumbledore said.
Severus silently handed him the potion. Lily and James then drank it.
" What are your names?" asked Dumbledore.

"James Potter," said James.

" Lily Potter," said Lily.

There was a loud thud as Severus fainted.

"How are you alive?" whispered Dumbledore.

"I don't know," said Lily and James in unison.

It was then that the Veritaserum wore off.

"Dumbledore, are you mad! Untie us!" shouted James.

"Is Severus okay?" Lily asked.

"He'll be alright," said Dumbledore, casting a spell so that Severus regained consciousness.
Severus stood up and stared.

"Severus," said Dumbledore," I think it would be best if you went to your office."

He nodded and slowly backed out the door.

"Dumbledore! Just untie us!" James demanded.

"Oh! Yes, of course!" exclaimed Dumbledore. The ropes magically slid off the two.

"Dumbledore! Harry is dead! He killed Harry! Voldemort killed Harry!" Lily screamed.

"Voldemort found us!" shouted James.

"Quiet!"shouted Dumbledore, and the Potter's fell silent.

"What is the last thing you remember?" He asked the couple.

"I saw him coming. Then I yelled to Lily to get Harry and run, that I would hold him off. There was green light and then..." James trailed off.

" James shouted so I ran with Harry upstairs, but Voldemort followed me so I put Harry in his crib and turned around. Then Voldemort told me to step aside. I didn't and there was green light and... Oh Dumbledore, Harry's dead!"

"Lily what day is it?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

"November 1, 1981," she answered.

" Lily, James, the year is 1995," said Dumbledore," and Harry is alive."