Chapter 4

Harry watched Dumbledore leave the room. He turned to his parents, his eyes stinging with tears, and hugged them again.

"I can't believe that your actually alive," said Harry.

"We can't either, but we're here now," said Lily.

"What house are you in?" asked James.

"James!" Lily exclaimed as she hit him on the arm.

"Well it's important," said James in defence.

"Don't worry Dad, I'm in Gryffindor," Harry said, a proud smile on his face.

"That's my boy!" said James.

"Dumbledore told us that you've had a very eventful life, what is that about?" asked Lily worriedly.

"That's a bit of a long story," Harry replied.

I shouldn't worry them to much,  thought Harry.

"We have time," insisted James.

"Where do you want me to start?" asked Harry.

"Just tell us every-" Lily was cut off by voices at the door.

"Sirius, just hand me your wand," said Dumbledore.

"If you insist," said Sirius.

"And just don't freak out," Dumbledore said.

"What could make me freak out?" asked a puzzled Sirius.

"This."

Harry watched the door open to reveal his godfather. He watched the look on Sirius's face go from confusion to shock to anger.

"Death Eaters!" Sirius shouted.

"Sirius-" Dumbledore started.

"Are you mad?! Give me my wand!" Sirius demanded.

"Padfoot calm down!" James shouted.

"Don't call me that, imposter!" Sirius screamed, his face full of pain," Dumbledore give me my wand!"

"Sirius, it's us!" Lily tried to reassure him.

"Then prove it!" Sirius said.

At that moment, James disappeared and a stag took his place. Sirius stared, dumbstruck at the stag. It turned back into James, and Sirius ran and embraced him.

"Sirius, you look terrible!" exclaimed Lily.

"Twelve years in Azkaban will do that to you," Sirius replied," and I would have been caught by now if it weren't for Harry."

"Harry, you still haven't explained that to us," said James.

"And where is Remus?" Lily asked.

"Oh," she said as she looked at the full moon shining through the window.

"Well, tell us what happened," James told Harry, as he conjured up some chairs to sit in.

"Well it happened in third year," started Harry.

"Go on," prompted Lily.

"Sirius broke out of Azkaban, and I was told that he was the one that sold you guys out to Voldemort and that he wanted to kill me," Harry continued.

"But that's crazy!" James interrupted.

"But James, I was framed for your deaths," Sirius reminded him.

"Well, go on Harry," James said.

"And Dementers were put to guard the school, in case Sirius tried to get in.  Then on Halloween, Sirius broke in and tried to get in the dorm. The portrait wouldn't let him in, so he slashed up the painting," Harry told them.

"Sirius!" Lily exclaimed.

"Why would you break into Hogwarts?" James asked.

"Just listen to the story," Sirius told them.

"Then later in the school year, we won the Quidditch House Cup, and we had a party to celebrate. After a while, Professor McGonagall told us all to go to bed. Then in the middle of the night, Ron woke up screaming that Sirius was standing over him with a knife," Harry continued as he shifted in his seat.

"Sirius, what is your problem?!" Lily screamed.

"Just listen to the story!" Sirius said defensively.

"Continue the story, Harry," Sirius said.

"Well anyways, Ron woke everyone in the Gryffindor dormitory. At first McGonnagall thought he was dreaming, but she went to check the room and Ron's bed curtains were slashed to pieces. The entire school had to sleep on the floor in the great hall while the teachers looked for Sirius.  Then one day Hagrid was teaching the class about Hippogriffs," Harry continued, but he was interrupted by a grinning James.

"Hagrid's a professor now?"

"James quit interrupting," said Lily.

"Sorry," apologized James.

"When Hagrid was telling us about how to approach a Hippogriff, and to never insult it, Malfoy and his friends weren't listening. Hagrid asked for volunteers to approach it, so I volunteered. I bowed to the Hippogriff, Buckbeak, and it bowed back, so I rode it. Then when it landed, Malfoy approached it, he didn't bow, and he insulted the Hippogriff. Then, Buckbeak attacked him, and Hagrid carried him to Madame Pomfrey. Then Malfoy got mad and told his father about it, and his father went to the ministry and got them to order the excecution of Buckbeak," Harry said.

"That's terrible!" Lily exclaimed.

"And who was telling me to stop interrupting?" said James playfully.

"But it was't Buckbeak's fault!" Lily argued.

"Guys calm-" Sirius was cut of by a scream from the doorway.