Whatever Happened To Fussy Vance? - CG!Bruce x Little!Vance

Vance was never really an easy baby. He didn't like his toys, didn't drink out of a bottle or sippy cup without a fight, hated naps with a passion, and didn't seem to like his regression at all. Bruce was used to it all by now.

He didn't mind the tantrums. The whining. The angry little thing that was his little. If anything, Bruce loved him for it. Vance was Vance, and if he wasn't throwing a tantrum, Bruce would be worried. It was just his way. So naturally, Bruce was prepared for anything when it came to Vance's regression.

What he wasn't used to or prepared for, was Vance bursting through his front door, tears in his eyes and shaking.

"Vance? Babe, what're you doing?" Bruce asked in a hushed tone while ushering Vance to his bedroom. "Bruce? What was that? Was someone at the door?" Bruce's mother yelled. "Uh, it was no one mom! Just some salesperson. I'm gonna just go in my room for a bit!" Bruce yelled back. Bruce gently pulled Vance into his room and shut the door quickly without slamming it.

"Okay. What's going on? Talk to me." Bruce said, sitting Vance on the bed and crouching in front of him. Vance let out a small sniffle and bit his lip. "Bru-Brucey....Papa..." Vance choked out. Bruce's eyes widened at the nickname. Vance never called him that unless he was regressed.

"Hey, hey. It's okay bud. It's alright. You can tell me." Bruce said, taking a seat on the bed and pulling Vance into his arms. Vance started to full on sob while clinging tightly to Bruce. "S-Saw someone....looked like...him.." Vance said quietly. Bruce let out an 'ah' in realization. He gently rubbed the boys back and kissed Vance's head.

"I-I thought...Papa, I thought he was gon get me a-an, an-" Vance said in a panic. "Vance. Listen to me. Everything is alright, okay? He's gone. He's never going to hurt you, me, the group, or anyone ever again. I promise, baby. You're safe." Bruce said, gently rocking the boy back and forth. Vance sniffled and cuddled into Bruce.

" 'm sorry Papa..." Vance mumbled. Bruce looked down at Vance in pure shock. Big Vance would never apologize, but little Vance? Now that was probably impossible. Especially on his own. "Vance, sweetheart, why're you sorry?" Bruce asked softly.

" 'm always mean to you...." Vance mumbled quietly. Bruce looked at Bruce for a minute and began laughing. Vance looked up at Bruce, pure shock on his face. "Oh baby, no! Honey, you don't need to apologize! I know you can be cranky, and that's okay. You're a fussy baby, but Papa doesn't mind that. Papa loves your cranky little self no matter what, okay?" Bruce said, wiping away Vance's tears.

Vance sniffles and nods. "But." Bruce said. "Maybe we shouldn't take it out on Papa when we're cranky. Otherwise, punishments are involved. And no one likes those, huh kiddo?" Bruce said, moving a strand of hair behind Vance's ear. Vance grumbles a little, but ndos in agreement. Bruce chuckled a little. Normal Vance was back.

"Papa, hungry." Vance said. Bruce let out a small sigh. He was contemplating taking Vance back over to his house since it just would've been so much easier. Vance's mother was aware of his regression and his boyfriend, but Bruce's weren't.

In fact, Bruce was pretty sure they'd be against it. Sure, they'd still love him, but they'd try to convince him this was a phase. They'd say he wasn't gay, even though Bruce knew he was. Plus he's not sure how they'd react to Vance's regression as well.

Bruce was snapped out of his thoughts by Vance violently tapping him. "Alright bud. I'll go see what I can sneak. Can you be really, really good for me and stay here?" Bruce asked. Vance nodded and started to suck on his fingers. Bruce laughed a bit and replaced it with a pacifier.

"No, no baby. Fingers are yucky." Bruce says, making a face when he said yucky. Vance laughed a bit behind his pacifier and pulled his legs onto the bed. Bruce nodded and quickly speed walked to the kitchen and went into the fridge, grabbing some apple juice. Thankfully, he was able to sneak the apple juice into the cup and sneak out before his mother could get back from checking on Amy.

Bruce then ran upstairs and slipped into his room with a cranky Vance laying on the bed. "Wha took ya so long?" Vance babbled. Bruce chuckled a little and flopped onto the bed. Vance jumped onto Bruce and grabbed the sippy from him. Bruce looked at Vance in surprise. Vance looked back at him and raised an eyebrow cutely.

"Nothing baby. Just glad your embracing your little side." Bruce said softly. Vance blushed a little and looked away, leaning into Bruce. Bruce smiled down at the boy and gently pet his hair. He'd always love Vance, no matter what, but he could get used to this slightly less angry baby Vance.

Just like rinney, Brance is my heart and soul. Anyway, have a great day/night
- Zoe