chap 7

Show menu
novel35.com
Historical Transmigration of Mian [Reluctantly] Becomes His Man [Wife]
TRANSMIGRATION OF MIAN [RELUCTANTLY] BECOMES HIS MAN [WIFE]
Chapter 8: CH 007
Chapter 9: CH 008

Qin Mian licked his lips, trying not to leave a trace of grease. Looking at his clothes, he chose to wipe his mouth with the lotus leaf. When he assumed there was no more grease on his mouth, he discarded the lotus leaf.

Lei Tie took notice of his movements and pursed his lower lip as his eyes wavered for a moment.

At sunset, the yellow sunlight was projected through the clouds and the clouds were dyed into bright and dark colors, as if they had been rendered by colored pigments. The water in the pond also reflected the tangerine yellow as it drifting care-freely and rippling flourishingly. A flock of birds flew across the sky, leaving behind a crisp song. The busy people in the field walked back quickly to their homes before dark. They could have a good rest at home after finishing their work. Only the unaware of worry naughty children was playing chase in the field. They laughed happily from time to time. Even if they fell carelessly, they didn’t care and got up happily to continue the game. A few native dogs, as if complying orders ran along with their tails wagging lively.

Lei Tie didn’t like to talk and Qin Mian didn’t talk to him either. He looked at his bow. The bow body was gray, which he didn’t know what kind of wood it was made of, but looked particularly sturdy, sleek and shiny. It must have been wiped and maintained frequently, which meant it was cherished by the owner. The quiver was made of grey cloth and there were ten arrows in it, clean as pins.

“Oh, young couple going home together, really affectionate ah.” From the field path came a woman in 40s, dressed in a thorn hairpin and a coarse skirt[1], with a hoe on her shoulder, smiling at Qin Mian and Lei Tie. The periphery of her eyes lingered on the deer in the basket for a while.

Qin Mian could see clearly that this person looked kind, but her contempt was not hidden.

The woman continued: “Such a big one ah. Your family will not have to worry about meat for ten and a half days. Little Brother Xiao Qin, you just arrived at Lei Household, don’t you know? Your mother-in-law’s cooking is one of the best in our village! You get the luck for chancing upon fine food tonight.”

Walking not far behind the woman, another woman, carrying a basket of vegetables and covering her mouth, began to smile with an unclear meaning, “Liu Eldest’s family[2] [wife], why jeering at them? Who in our village doesn’t know that Sister-in-law Lei keeps her home hardworking and thrifty?”

Lei Tie turned a deaf ear as walked neither too fast nor too slow as before.

Qin Mian sighed inwardly and quickened his pace.

The source of this content is lightnovelpub[.]com

When they entered the house, Du Shi was about to go outside. She stopped, glanced at the basket and when she saw the prey, she looked pleased, but when she saw the firewood in the other basket, her face sank.

“Eldest’s family [wife], you cut so little firewood this whole afternoon?”

Qin Mian went to stand behind Lei Tie. “Mother, I’m a small person, I don’t have the strength. Please excuse me.”

“If I excuse you, who is going to excuse me? No dinner for you night! Each and every one never attaches importance to me.” When Du Shi’s eyes fell on the deer again, her tone to Lei Tie was slightly eased up, “Eldest, you take this thing to be dealt with.”

“Big brother, you are back.” A coarse-clothed man stepped out from the inside and looked at the deer with a happy face. His pair of triangular eyes twinkled gloriously and there were two inconspicuous lines on the corner of the eyes. “Such a big one; we can have meat tonight. Mother, how about stewed potatoes with venison for dinner?”