chap 12

Show menu
novel35.com
Historical Transmigration of Mian [Reluctantly] Becomes His Man [Wife]
TRANSMIGRATION OF MIAN [RELUCTANTLY] BECOMES HIS MAN [WIFE]
Chapter 13: CH 012
Chapter 14: CH 013

Qin Mian and Lei Tie went out with a sickle and just so happened that the neighbors in the east came out of their yard, their eyes were on each other inadvertently.

Qin Mian was very embarrassed and admired the good temper of that family. Du Shi scolded so much every day that half the people in the village could hear her. The neighbors were the ones who suffered the most. How could he never hear a protest?

“Going out, ah.” The older man was all smiles as he spoke. He looked very gentle and there was no contempt in his eyes.

Qin Mian smilingly nodded, “Uncle[1], morning. We’re going to mow grass.”

The older man chuckled, “What uncle? Call me Eldest Uncle[2] Jiang.”

“Eldest Uncle Jiang.” Qin Mian readily followed good advice[3]. He guessed that this man’s seniority in the family or clan was high. There were many people in the countryside who were related to each other and this was how their seniorities were ranked.

“Hurry to go.” With his hands on his back, Eldest Uncle Jiang wandered in another direction.

Qin Mian followed Lei Tie all the way to the foot of the mountain and went onwards.

“Going into the mountain?” Qin Mian asked.

Lei Tie nodded.

Follow current novels on lightnovelpub[.]com

The duo went around twists and turns in the woods as they climbed up the mountain about more than ten minutes before they stopped.

“You stay.”

Lei Tie bent to cut couch grass. He grabbed a handful of couch grass with his big palm, put the sickle in his right hand to the root of the couch grass as he pulled the couch grass towards him and easily cut off a handful before he put it down on the ground and cut the second batch.

Qin Mian found out that he only had a sickle and was willing to help but also had no tools. Then, he wanted to walk around to see if he could dig some wild vegetables or find some wild fruits.

“Don’t walk around. There are snakes.”

Qin Mian had to stand in place obediently. There was a stone not far away and he moved to sit down as he watched Lei Tie cut bundle after bundle and then moved them all into a small mound cavity that was not easy to find. Several bundles of couch grass had been stored in that small mound.

Qin Mian didn’t understand, “Put here?”

Lei Tie answered: “Build house.”

Qin Mian suddenly realized. It turned out that Lei Tie didn’t cut this couch grass for Lei Family’s use, but to build a house. It seemed that he had started to plan to separate from Lei Family.

For more, visit lightnovelpub[.]com

Qin Mian said, “In the afternoon, I will cut with you.”

Lei Tie didn’t speak. Qin Mian regarded it as his consent.

When it was time to return home, Lei Tie picked only two bundles of couch grass to go back, which was considered as a task completed. The dried grass was also a burn material.

In the afternoon, Qin Mian brought cloth towels and went up the mountain with Lei Tie. When cutting grass, he wrapped his hands in cloth towels. It’s not due to his pettiness but he was young and tender which could easily be cut by the grass. In the backward ancient era, there were lack of medicine treatments and so, less injury was safer.