Part 5

This chapter may get a little bit sad. I'm going to write a little but about Jay, so this is just a small disclaimer. 

-Mo

The next few months go by smoothly. Harry and I get closer with each passing day. He's only come out to me, Lottie, and the other boys. We're his new friend group, he doesn't hang out with the popular kids anymore. He had status with them, but he was expected to have a girlfriend 24/7 and he's not that kind of person. He doesn't like lying, and I don't blame him. 

Getting closer to Harry, I'm starting to realize that I'm catching feelings. I shouldn't be, but I am. I haven't been able to think about Harry lately though. My mum has been getting sick lately. She's very weak all the time and it's starting to worry me. We've made an appointment for her after school today, so we'll find out for sure what's going on. I haven't been able to think about much else. I'm so worried. Chances are it's nothing, but there's always a possibility. Mum has always taught me to be brave though. She's an amazing mother and I could never do any of this without her. 

"Lou!" Lottie yells from across the parking lot, making me turn. "I'm going with you to the appointment."

"Fine," I say. We get in the car and drive home, pick up our mom, and go to the hospital. 

We find out our mum really is sick. Very sick. She was diagnosed with Leukaemia. She's probably had it for a while, and we don't know how long she has left. I don't know how we're going to break the news to Fizzy, Phoebe, or Daisy. Or Mark! How am I going to tell Mark? Or... my dad?

Mum's quiet on the way home. Lottie's silently crying in the backseat of the car. I have to stay strong for them. I can't break down in front of them. That would make this too real. 

We get home and everybody goes to bed. Harry's been climbing in my window over the past few days, so when he gets here, he see's me sobbing on my floor. 

He comes to me and wraps his arms around my small, cold body. "Lou, what happened?"

"My mum's s-s-s-s-sick and t-t-there's n-n-nothing we can d-d-do," I say through sobs. Harry doesn't say anything, just holds me. This was for his eyes only. I won't break down in front of anybody else, it's not fair to them. 

I keep thinking about how much I love Harry. He'll always be there for me, I know it. That's just the way he is. 

Without another thought I reach up to his eye level and kiss him. I pull away quickly while Harry studies my eyes. He pulls me back into a ginger, yet heated kiss. Our lips move in synchronization, our tongues meeting each other. 

At around midnight, I break down again and Harry decides to sleep over. It's Friday night so it's not like we have school tomorrow or anything. 

I spend the next few days with my mum, savoring every moment. 

"Mum, I think I love someone," I say to her while we sit by our pool.

"Really?" she asks, getting excited. "Who's the lucky girl?"

"The lucky... guy..."

"Well? Who is he?"

"You know Lottie's ex-boyfriend? The one who's gay?" She nods, understanding slowly settling in.

"Harry? You love Harry?" She puts her hand on mine. "Love, I support you and I will always love you. Go get him." She gives me a small smile, and coughs heavily. 

My mum supports me. That's all I've ever wanted in my life. But what if Harry doesn't feel the same way about me that I feel about him?

Another shorter chapter, sorry about that. I don't really have a lot of time to write at the moment, so I'm working with what I've got. I love you guys!

-Mo