Part 11

HARRY'S POV

Louis paces the hospital waiting room. Something about the look on his face makes my insides wreath in pain. I heart breaks to see Mark and Louis' sisters sitting on the couch, eyes following Louis. I feel like an outcast. I shouldn't be here, Felicite isn't my family. Biologically at least. She feels like a sister to me. Which is funny because I'm dating her brother. Well, maybe not funny at a time like this, but in any other circumstance, it's pretty funny. 

A doctor in a long white coat comes into the room, a grave expression on her face. Louis stops in his tracks. As he makes eye contact with the doctor, tears form in his eyes. 

"No," he says, voice shaking. "No. No, no, no, no, no!" He lets the tears escape, falling to his knees. 

I rush to his side. Leaning against me, he sobs into my shirt. "Shh," I try to soothe him. I don't know what to do. When Louis' mom passed, I wasn't there to see him or be with him. All I want is to make things better. I kiss the top of Louis' head. 

"What the fuck," Mark yells, grabbing me by the shirt and throwing me against the wall. 

"Mark, stop!" Louis yells, sobbing. 

With a start, Mark lets go of me, hands gripping his hair as he apologizes and runs out of the room. 

"I should go..." I say. 

"Please," Louis whispers. "Please stay with me." More tears escape as my arms wrap around his shoulders. 

"Always," I whisper back. 

LOUIS' POV

It's been a month since Fizzy's death. I haven't been eating or sleeping. Al I can do is act like I'm fine. I have to. It's the best thing for my family. Mark hasn't talked to me since the day in the hospital. Well, he hasn't talked to anybody. His daughter died, I get that, but the way he acted about Harry and I wasn't okay. I'm not okay with it. I know he was embarrassed about it, and he should be. 

Speaking of Harry, he hasn't left my side. Only when he goes to school. I haven't been going because I'm the one who has to plan Felicite's  funeral. He's been helping me, but there's not much he can do. Liam, Zayn, and Niall come by every day. It turns out Liam and Zayn are officially dating now. I haven't been paying much attention lately. I found out when Liam sat down on the couch and Zayn sat on his lap. It helped me take my mind off of things. Niall made me eat something, Zayn made me shower, and Liam made me play some piano. 

Piano has always been something that has kept me sane. When my dad left, I wrote my first song. When my mom died, I wrote another one. I scrapped the one about my dad a long time ago, but I've been working on the one about my mom. It's called Two Of Us. I've been writing one for Felicite, but I can't bring myself to finish it. Finishing it makes everything seem more real, and I don't think I'm ready for that. 

I still expect Felicite to walk right through the front door again. But that's impossible. We saw her body. She's gone...

HARRY POV

I make my daily drive to Louis' house. I've been checking up on him way more often than I thought I would. I spend days at a time with him. I even have a drawer in Lou's dresser. 

"Hey, Lou," I say as I walk in the door. He stand up and walk towards me to give me a hug. I pull back to look at him. 

"Louis... when was the last time you ate?"

Sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger. My schedule has been out of wack lately and honestly I just don't have the energy to post frequently anymore. I'll update whenever I can, promise. Anyways, stay green little freaks!

-Mo