Catastrophizing

(Day 1)

Tom woke up the next morning to the sound of a movie playing and the smell of breakfast. Why anyone would want to watch a movie while eating breakfast escaped him, but he awoke and walked to the kitchen to retrieve a plate of toast.

Tord was waiting expectantly with two buttered slices of toast.

"Morning."

Tom blinked.

"Huh?"

Tord chuckled. Never a good sign.

"Sleepyhead, I made you breakfast." He placed the two pieces of toast on a plate and passed it to the thoroughly confused Tom.

"Uh... Thank you?" He wasn't sure how to react to this, so a simple thanks was probably the way to go.

"No problem, pen gutt ."

Wishing Tord would stop with his dumb Norwegian talk, Tom sat down on the couch with Edd and Matt to watch whatever they were watching.

"Watch out for the giant crabs!!"

"Hah, That's what she said!"

Ah, The Big Named Monster. Decent movie, though no one besides the four thought so.

Tord walked out from the kitchen with his own plate of toast and sat down in a chair to watch the movie.

Maybe Tom could deal with this.

~~~~~~~~

(Day 2)

*CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP- smack*

Tom slapped his alarm clock, even though he was certain he hadn't set it last night...

Considering today was his chore day, whoever had set it was his saving grace.

Seeing a note on the nightstand, he grabbed it and immediately recognized the handwriting as Tord's, albeit more precise. The robotic arm was on his dominant side, so more than likely it was more accurate in writing.

Chores, huh? Don't worry, I got your back.

-- Tord

PS: breakfast is in the freezer, warm it up in the microwave for 45 secs. I'm checking up on work buddies to see if I've been replaced lol. CU@ lunch.

Tom folded the letter back up and slipped it in his nightstand's drawer.

"Time to do some chores."

~~~~~~~~

(Day 3)

"Tom! You around, vitne ?"

Tom was searching around the house for his Tomee Bear, who had gotten lost somewhere. Probably Ringo had gotten to him and took him to Edd's room.

"What'd'ya want, commie?"

"I need help with groceries. Went shopping for some stuff because the food I was sent out with ran out."

Tom glared, "Okay, and?"

"I got everyone else a little gift. Including you."

Tom tilted his head.

"A gift?"

Tord nodded and gestured to his car. Tom followed as he walked over to it.

The familiar 'NØR5K1' license plate reminded Tom of something he'd seen once, but he wasn't sure of what, although he noticed something else.