Athazagoraphobia

"Red Leader Tord Larsson."

"Access denied." The smooth mechanical voice had been telling Tord off for trying to go back to his past.

Of course, he hadn't wanted to come back. The Red Army caused him to lose his arm, scar his face irreversibly, and practically destroy his friendship and trust with his pals.

But he had to know.

He was irreplaceable.

So how did they replace him once they kicked him out?

Frustrated, he vaulted over the fence and into main section of the entrance.

No cameras focused on him, not even one blinking red light...

Strange.

"New management is pretty dritt, if you ask me."

He walked over to the door to his former throne room and pressed his hand – his left, to be precise – onto a scanning pad, hardly expecting it to work.

*Ding!*

"Hva?"

The new Red Leader would've changed the scanning pad to their own handprint by now! Either this guy wasn't competent enough to save his life...

Or he didn't need to in the first place.

"Who's there!?"

That was his voice, yelling at him.

"I'll go check the door, Boss." Pau...

"Same here." Patryk...

"Actually... I think I know who it is."

Tord.

The throne spun and-

"HVA FANEN!?"

Tord was looking at himself... no, at the Red Leader. He refused to believe this was really him. That he was...

That he was just scrap now.

"TORD!?" Pau and Patryk yelled in unison. The Red Leader hushed them and stood up from the throne, slowly making his way over to Tord.

"So you came back. Let me take a guess, guilt for your actions? A promise to do better for your men? Well, let me assure you." – The Red Leader put a hand to the commie's throat – "It's already been ferdig."

"Why'd you come back, anyway? We don't need you anymore." Patryk waved his gun in a questioning manner. The Red Leader released Tord so he could speak.

Tord turned his head away. It was too much to take in, and far too anxiety inducing.

"... Exactly, Patryk. Exactly." He turned away from the Red Army for the final time, but not without looking back one last time at Pau and Patryk, as if to ask one simple question.

"Why?"