Radioactivation

"Hey Tord, what's this green vial?"

"DON'T TOUCH IT!"

Edd hastily placed the vial back into its reciprocal.

Tord had asked Edd to help with a couple things in his lab, mainly boxing up things he didn't need and unpacking stuff he did. He'd delayed unpacking, and considering how many things he'd told Edd not to touch, it was quite clear why.

"You sure have a lot of untested stuff here."

"Why do you think I don't want you touching it?"

"Right, right."

They continued unpacking for a few minutes before Edd glanced back at the vial. The green color looked almost radioactive. Almost like...

"Is the vial there, uh, radioactive, by any chance?"

"Yes, actually. I need to test it but I don't know how... or on who, for that matter."

Edd sat down for a moment, thinking.

"I mean... I'm-"

"I heard of your little escapade as... PowerEdd. A little lame on the name choice – Numero Uno was honestly a better name – but at least I knew it was you."

Edd crossed his arms, "So I've had a little experience with radioactivity before, so what?"

"Scientific bias, Edd. Although... skewing results can... benefit my scheme."

"Scheme?" Edd tilted his head. What was he getting himself into now?

"Well, my plan was going to be trying to 'help' my 'boss' by making a super serum that doesn't work. Y'know, classic stuff. Using you and whatever trace amounts of radioactivity remain in your bloodstream, I could skew the results in favor of the serum's 'success'. Sell it off, say no refunds, and watch everything go to hell."

"Jesus, you're dark."

"Better them than you."

Edd hastily nodded.

"Okay... Any precautions I should take before... this?" He vaguely gestured to the vial he had picked up again.

"Oh, just knowing it's unstable and that I barely know what it's going to do."

"Greeeeeaaaat..."

Begrudgingly, Edd drank the contents of the vial.

"Ssssso?"

"It tastes like... kiwi. Honestly, that's exactly what I expected radiation to taste like."

For a while, nothing seemed to happen.

"Maybe just... try to use your powers?"

Edd simply jumped up...

And stayed there.

"Oh... my... GOD! I'M FLOATING I CAN'T BELIEVE IT I GOT MY POWERS BACK!!!!"

Tord laughed, "Calm down, Smeg Head. Unstable concoction, remember?"

Edd nodded, embarrassed at his overreaction. Nonetheless, he primed himself to fire a laser when Tord stopped him.

"I just got this lab all prepped. Maybe don't ruin it within five seconds of getting your powers back?"

The Norski rolled out a few test dummies for Edd, which he promptly lasered, ice-breathed, and heat-breathed into... bits.

"This is AWESOME!!"

"Tord? Edd? What's all the... racket?" Tom had peeked through the open door, Matt behind him.

"I GOT MY POWERS BACK!"