II | Professor Ozpin

His mouth was agape. His son had told his tale, and it was just like he said. The story he was told sounded farfetched, something he wouldn't be able to believe.

And yet... He did believe it.

Taiyang watched his son take the wine bottle in front of him, pouring himself a glass. He wasn't sure if he should stop him or not, considering he was an adult in his previous life while he's a teenager in his current life. Once he finished pouring, the boy took a drink, only taking a few seconds to drink it all completely.

He then sighed. "They were right about one thing."

"A-About what?" Tai stuttered.

"That I'm a monster. A killer. They weren't wrong. I was damn good at it." He wryly chuckles as he stares off into the house. "I still remember when I first got that damn key. I was... A different person at that time."

"It was your... Teigu? That's what you guys called it?"

"Yeah. The Teigu were forty-eight super weapons created by the first emperor of the Empire in hopes of protecting his thousand year empire he had built. I just happened to be stuck with one of the most volatile ones. The Keeper of Souls, Harvester."

Taiyang simply frowned. From the story he was told, this Teigu, this super weapon had practically taken him over. Turned him into a demon as he was told. The blonde man watched as the boy went to pick up his cup again, his hand shaking. The boy soon used his other to grab his wrist, breathing heavily slightly to calm himself.

"I feel like that the only thing I'm good for is causing pain around others."

"Don't say that..."

"It's the truth, isn't it, father?" He wryly chuckles again, "Everywhere I turn to, left and right, those I love most are hurt. And with what happened to me in the other world, I can already tell I hurt her the most. I left her. Despite promising to always be with her. To cherish her, to stay by her side... To love her always."

"And you still love her, don't you?" He asked, leaning forward slightly.

He let out a saddened scoff. "Of course I do. God, I love her so much. Those mesmerizing red eyes of hers, her black hair that I've fallen in love for so many times... That beautiful voice of hers... I wish I will still by her side. But I made my choice."

The boy went into his pocket. Digging out the item, he tossed it onto the table, Tai getting a clear view of the ring. His eyes lit up at the dark blue gem that sat on top it, it's gold inlays that gave it decoration, and it's sleek black color. The blonde man picked it up to examine it before setting it down and giving it back.

"Why'd you do it?"

"Were you not listening to my story?"

Taiyang breathed a small sigh. "Right... Her name?"

"Hmm?"

"What was her name?"

"...Akame," he spoke with utter happiness. The boy smiled softly. "She was the most wonderful woman I had ever met. It's crazy to think that our first encounter was in a monster infested forest, but it's how it happened."

"You care about her a lot. Especially with what you've been through."

He nodded. "Yeah. We went through a lot together, fighting side by side, taking blows for her. I didn't care if I died or got hurt most of the time. All that mattered to me was that she was protected. No matter what."

Tai simply stayed quiet, staring at his son with sorrow. The boy let out a low chuckle as he took the ring and put it back into his pocket and stood up.