2 ☆

When they finally arrived in what seemed like a kingdom, Ponk was dragged by the creepers to a large building, where he was locked up in a cold and damp cell. Every building Ponk had seen had been built from plant like materials, causing him great confusion.

As the human looked around, trying to comprehend the structures of the building, the creepers who had brought him in began to talk in a language unknown to him.

After sitting there for a few moments, Ponk spoke up,

"If I may ask... what kind of creeper are you two?"

The guards rapidly turned their attention to Ponk, their features clearly annoyed.

"Creepers? Whatever do you think we are here, primitive savages? From the way our scouts told us you were gathering data, I would have thought you would have been more... knowledgeable..."

Ponk furrowed his brows, "What do you mean? Is there another name for your species?"

The guard who previously spoke sighed,

"Of course. Only imbeciles use the name 'creepers' for our species. But as you seem to be the more inquisitive and open to acquire knowledge type, I will explain."

The creeper took a short pause,

"Our species has been around for generations upon generations, predating the human race and many other species from the Overworld, Nether, and End. We are one of the more sentient and intelligent species among those here, though I cannot say the same for those in other dimensions. My brother here and I are a subspecies of what you call creepers, though the species name varies by dimension, encounters, and many other factors. To put it simple enough, what you call creepers are actually called '𝙹リᒷ ∴⍑𝙹 ᓵ∷ᒷᒷ!¡ᓭ', which quite literally means 'One who creeps'. It was assigned to the species by the species to highlight how well they are able to creep up on other organisms without being detected. That is all I will tell you, you can save your other questions and inquiries for the king when you have his audience."

Surprised by the bout of information just learned, Ponk nodded along, wanting to take in all he had just been told.

He then began to study the anatomy of the creepers before him, amazed by the slightly different anatomical structure from normal creepers.

The two guards had the aforementioned elongated canine-like muzzles, but the canine-like anatomy didn't end there. They had thick ruffs that covered most of their necks, long back  limbs with backward bending knees and what looked like a mixture between hooves and paws on the end connected to strong animal-like bodies, front legs that were slender yet strong and contained opposable-esc thumb like growths on the inner side of the paw, and lastly, a small bobbed tail that mainly stayed stationary, but occasionally twitched with mood changes.

Ponk hummed thoughtfully, but otherwise kept quiet, awaiting his audience with the king they seemed to speak highly of.

×

Hours had passed before another creeper entered the building, speaking to the two guards before turning to leave.

The guards turned to Ponk's cell, the one who had spoken to him previously looked him in the eye,

"Your audience with the king is now. Prepare any words you may wish to speak and think carefully about what you have spoken. Intolerance of idiocracy and hypocrisy are well known here, do not make a bargain you cannot keep."

When the guard fell silent, Ponk was grabbed by them both and escorted out of the cell and building. He was being lead to the largest structure in the area.

×

Once they reached the throne room, Ponk was silently lead down the long carpet which lead to the throne, he was then pushed down into a kneeling stance. He, at first, refused to look up, but when he did, something odd occurred.

The king was fairly young, yet had held a stern and disapproving gaze towards the prisoner before him. It wasn't until the prisoner showed his face that the world completely stopped around him.

Ponk noticed the king's previously stern look flash to one of awe, his eyes had widened, jaw dropped, and ears perked forward. Was this good or bad?

After a few moments of being stared at, one of the guards spoke up, once again in the foreign language, seemingly snapping the king from his stupor.

"We apologize in advance for the king's use of English. He has not become accustomed to the use of it yet, therefore he may have trouble speaking. Though, I assure you, he can understand English better than most."

The guard who had spoken bowed their head after speaking as a sign of respect towards the king. Ponk just nodded slightly, curious as to how anyone in this realm knew english in the first place.

A sweet-yet-stern voice brought Ponk back to the present,

"I assume you are the one who... damaged my kingdom?"

It was the king.

Ponk shook his head,

"Destroyed your kingdom? I meant no bad intentions, your highness, I was just protecting myself."

The king raised a brow,

"Hmm,"

He fell silent for a few moments,

"Apologies for not introducing myself. I am King Sam, son of the late previous king and queen, may they rest in peace. I do not wish unfair judgement upon you, so you may speak of your... story first."

Ponk bowed his head awkwardly, still not sure if he was being respectful enough,

"Thank you, y-your highness... I did not mean to cause any harm when I came here, I just wanted to see what it was like and explore. I only harmed anything when I was attacked first, I didn't even kill anything for food as I had brought my own."

"That is not a story... but an exuberant excuse of one. Do tell what happened from day one of your... arrival."

Ponk froze, a little startled by the king's words, but relayed the events nonetheless.

As Ponk spoke, he admired how different the king was from his people. Instead of only having four legs like the other creepers, he also had an upper torso with two arms, technically making him a centaur. His large, almost feline like, ears only accented his fluffy face and short muzzle, which hid sharp teeth and held his cat like nose, which twitched occasionally as he took in the information being told to him. Overall, the king looked to be some sort of canine-feline hybrid with a little bit of something else, definitely humanoid, but it was oddly... adorable to say the least.

After Ponk finished recalling what had happened since he first arrived in the dimension, King Sam nodded, a thoughtful look on his face.

"Hmm." A short pause, "I grant you immunity from the law until further notice. You clearly do no- not comprehend nor understand what we do here, though being ignorant of the law is no excuse, I'm feeling quite gen- g- *ahem* generous today. Adding on, it can very well be seen as self defense, as nobody was aware of your arrival and thought you as a threat."

Ponk was surprised to say the least, nearly forgetting his manners, but he quickly remembered and bowed,

"Thank you.  I'm very sorry for what I did. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you, your highness?"

"Yes, in fact, there is."

As the king spoke, his avoidance of eye contact drove Ponk mad, was something wrong? Was this all a trap?

"Could you... educate me on human culture and things of the like? Since the previous rulers' passing, there has not been much... prevalent information on the human race, and I wish to learn more... you seem... interesting..."

Ponk nodded, "Of course I can, just let me know when you're ready, your highness."

King Sam smirked, making it hard for Ponk to read his emotions,

"I think right now would work perfectly, do you not?"