5

"Look! It begins!"

Sam exclaimed, his ears perking up.

Ponk watched the sky, waiting for something to happen. When nothing did, he looked at Sam, now noticing he was watching the horizon.

When Ponk's eyes landed on the horizon, they widened.

What he was seeing happen could only be explained by seeing it with your own eyes, as it was so trance inducing and nullifyingly astounding that neither of the pair knew how long they were there.

By the time they snapped out of it, it was the dawn of a new day, and the grass around them was soaked with dew, along with themselves.

"That was amazing, was it not?" Sam asked, smiling.

Ponk smiled back, nodding, "Yes, that was... breathtaking..."

"I think we should head back. It is wet out, I am wet. I do not like that." Sam stated, frowning.

Ponk giggled slightly, rolling his eyes,

"I have a better idea, your highness."

"And whatever would that be?"

"Why don't we have a little dance? Just you and me? On this nice morning?"

King Sam's face scrunched up in confusion and his ears twitched slightly,

"What is a... 'dance'...?"

Ponk's eye widened in surprise,

"You don't know what dancing is?"

Sam shook his head,

"No, I have never heard of one. What is 'dance'?"

Ponk nodded slightly, walking up to Sam and gently grabbing one of his hands and placing the other on what could technically be considered his waist,

"Let me start by showing you one of the most classic styles of dancing; the slow dance. Just put your hands like so... and then step with me... just like that!"

Ponk gently positioned King Sam's hands where they needed to be and the two of them fell into the slow rhythm, both enjoying it.

Sam smiled,

"I did not know 'dance' could be so fun! It is simple yet pleasing!!"

Ponk laughed,

"You haven't even gotten that far into it yet! Just wait until I show you break dancing!"

The two of them spent the next few hours dancing, Ponk explaining the different styles and meanings behind dances and showing Sam how some of them worked. The king especially liked freestyle, as he felt he couldn't quite get the hang of most other styles.

"Alright, King Sammy, I think we should definitely head back now... Pretty sure we've got people looking for us now, right?"

Ponk asked, stretching his arms above his head.

Sam tilted his head to the side,

"Why did you call me 'Sammy'? You know my name is just Sam... do you not?"

Ponk smiled softly,

"It's what you would call a 'nickname', an endearing name you give to someone who means something to you, whether they be friend or family. It can either be a shortened version of their name, longer version of their name, or something that relates to them. As an example of the last one, say I called you 'Greeney' since you have green fur. That would be considered a nickname."

Sam's face lit up with simple wonder,

"Ohhhh! Ok!! So it would be like if I called you 'Ponkerinodinonuggiessupreme'????"

Ponk just burst out laughing at that, unable to contain his amusement at the totally serious nickname.

"N-no- I-" he took a few deeps breaths, trying to stop laughing,

"I- I mean- I guess? But it would be hilarious and a mouthf- ful!"

Sam nodded thoughtfully,

"Then what about just 'Ponkie'?"

It was simple and sounded sweet, Ponk liked that.

"I'd love if you called me that."