10

It had now been 2 months since Sam had learned about swear words and how bad they were.

Sam and Ponk's relationship had grown tenfold, becoming more complex and more than just skin deep. They had become very close friends.

The creeper had also learned a lot since then, adopting a more proper grammar and beginning to wear more clothing, along with picking up on Ponk's body language whenever it changed.

With a now more sophisticated grasp on things, King Sam had a more sophisticated train of thought and now pretty much knew how to interact properly with a human being.

It was a nice feeling for him.

×

"Oh, Ponkie~ I may or may not have baked you a little something new~"

Sam purred as he entered his bedroom, his tail swaying side to side in a comfortable fashion.

Ponk, who was sitting at the desk writing, turned his head to look at Sam happily,

"Ooo, what is it this time?"

The shorter male got up and met Sam at the small table in the middle of the room, taking a seat with him.

"This is called 'Star-Berry Stew'. It is made up of many different native plants!"

Ponk hummed, interested.

Sam set the plate before Ponk, his handpaws trembling slightly in anticipation.

Ponk smiled, gently pulling down his mask and taking a spoonful of the stew into his mouth.

After a few quiet and thoughtful moments, Ponk hummed happily,

"This is very good! I like the sharp tang it has!"

Sam smiled,

"That would be the lemon I added, just for you. I thought you may like it better since I know you like lemons a lot, and normal star-berry stew doesn't have a ton of zest to it, so I thought I'd add some."

Ponk smiled sweetly, unable to find words as he chewed another mouthful.

Sam purred softly, glad his best friend enjoyed his cooking.

×

Later in the day, Sam and Ponk were meandering around the castle, as they had recently finished their lesson for the day.

Sam slid in beside Ponk, almost matching his steps,

"Hey, Ponkie...?"

Ponk gave Sam a side glance,

"Yeah?"

The creeper's ears fell back,

"Would you possibly like to lay in bed for a while...? I don't necessarily feel that great, yet still want to spend time with you..."

Ponk smiled,

"Of course, Sam. And when we get there, I can check you over to make sure you aren't sick or anything."

Sam flinched slightly at the idea,

"Y-you don't h-have to! I-it's just a lil' headache!"

Ponk frowned, confused as to why Sam was acting a bit flighty, but oblivious nonetheless,

"Okaaaayyy...-"

When the two reached Sam's room and laid down in his bed, the creeper sighed, his ears laying back.

After a while longer of silence, he spoke,

"Ponkie...? Can I... tell you something...?"

Ponk scooted a little closer to Sam so they could be eye to eye,

"Yeah, absolutely. You can tell me anything!"

Sam smiled nervously, his face heating up,

"I-I- I Th-think I-I-"

Ponk must have read his mind, for he answered with a sweet smile, placing a gentle hand on Sam's face,

"I think I like you too."

The creeper's face exploded in vast shades of red as he tried to comprehend what just happened,

"H-how did y-you-?"

Ponk smiled,

"I can read you like a book, stoopid! You always show your emotions very clearly and are terrible at hiding them, which I don't mind, really."

Sam brought up his handpaws and covered his face in embarrassment,

"I- I don't think I've ever d-d-done this before! I'm sorry!!"

Ponk giggled, amused by Sam and his antics, he then leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on Sam's forehead,

"I love how fussy you can get about these things, but I want you to know that there's no rush. There's never a rush when it comes to things like this... Let's just take it slow, ok? Let things happen as they do, no worrying about being inexperienced or not doing something right."

Sam uncovered his face, a soft smile gracing his features,

"I-I think I'd like that..."