chapter 1

Almond, A tired, Grumpy earth pony with nothing but stress and work in his life. He walked down the sidewalk, obviously tired, He was walking down to the coffee shop, he had already dropped his daughter, Walnut at school and Roguefort was just chilling. Almond liked his family, But that didn't change the fact that he was stressed, He was very tired and usually never got sleep.
As he was walking he noticed a small worm on the street, it was trying to get up onto the sidewalk but couldn't. "Look at you little guy, So helpless." Almond said, Picking up the worm and sitting it on the sidewalk as it wished. The worm happily moved along. "Go on lil bud, Have a nice life." He said, Wiping his hoof on his shirt and walking into the coffee shop. A few other ponies were there but only Espresso looked up. "Goodmorning Al" He said. "Morning." Almond replied. Espresso got up and walked over to almond, Getting him a coffee from his magical horn (Unicorn espresso lol) "Any new cases?" The brown and black unicorn asked. "Surprisingly no, I actually have a free day." Almond said, Drinking his coffee. "Well that's fun, You should do something good, Like spend some time with Roguefort or Walnut." Espresso suggested as he cleaned a small spill on an empty table. "I could but, I dunno, I'm behind on work and-" "oh almond, when will you learn? You have to take breaks every once in a while, Working hard is good but you can't overwork yourself or you could get a lil too depressed." Espresso looked at almond. "I'm not really depressed though." Almond said proudly. Espresso gave a "Mhm, ssuuuureeee" face.
"Okay yeah I am pretty depressed but it's not that bad, But yeah I guess I could spend some time with my family today, Thanks for the suggesting Espresso." Almond thanked him as he walked out.
"Is he still denying his mental health?" Latte asked, walking in. "Yep"
"Oh how fun." She said, whatching him walk out and onto the sidewalk.

Almond looked down at his whatch, 12:31 pm. It was a nice day, The sun shining down right on him, Ponies everywhere happy and in peace, until. "Almond?!" A male voice said. Almond looked up and saw...

His father.