Ponyboy got his first bitch

Third Person POV:

Cherry was sitting at a wooden bench in the school yard, minding her own business. Out of no where Ponyboy ran up to her in a busy manner, it shocked her.

"Cherry please I need help." Whispered Ponyboy, just loud enough for his friend to hear.

"God Pony you scared me, yeah what is it that you need?" She asked politely, honestly, it better be important for him to be this stressed.

"Y'know Johnny, right?" The blonde boy asked. Of course she knew who Johnny was, he was Ponyboy's best friend, and crush...

"Yes I know him, he is the one you like?" Wondered Cherry. Ponyboy put a thumbs up to signal yes.

"I...I want to ask him out, Cherry, but I don't know how." He frowned and looked at his feet. He had always been close to Johnny and the chances of him messing up his friendship were very high, or so he thought.

"What are you so jumpy anyway?" She questioned blankly, he was more excited than usual.

"I um... I heard somebody say that they were gonna ask him out, I ain't letting anyone get him before me." The younger boy said proudly. Damn right Johnny is Ponyboy's.

The red haired girl sat and thought deeply, she had an idea!

"Why don't you buy him a nice gift and ask him out when you guys are alone? After school or at night time." Cherry smiled "That sure would be sweet!" She exclaimed enthusiastically, it would be sweet.

"You think so? What should I buy?" He inquired curiously. He didn't know much about Johnny's likings. Johnny never really told him much.

"Well if you ask me, I say get him a nice necklace or a cute ring." The nice girl suggested, she always had the best ideas.

"Righto." Ponyboy paused "Fucking hell I'm poor as shit." He whispered under his breath. He rolled his eyes and started walking away. A hand grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Wait Ponyboy! Here, take it please." Cherry begged. He looked back to see her holding some cash. He couldn't take HER money, it was hers, not his.

"No no, I couldn't Cherry!" He tried to explain but Cherry wasn't gonna take no for an answer. She shoved the money in his hand.

"Buy him something nice will ya?" She grinned and walked away before he could protest. Gee, Cherry was a good friend.

Ponyboy just wasn't too sure what to get Johnny...

After school bitches ☝️👁 👁☝️
👄
The younger boy waited at the gate for Johnny, he was nervous for tonight. He would somehow have to sneak out to the shops.

He saw a skinny boy with black greased hair walk out the doors, that was definitely Johnny. He was looking at the floor while walking so he didn't he Ponyboy.

Ponyboy assumed Johnny saw him so he walked toward him until he was eventually standing right in front of him.

"Hey Jo- AH!" He just got shoved to the ground by his best friend. He felt the gravel and concrete dig into his palms.

Since Johnny was looking at the floor he thought Ponyboy was a Soc that was ready to grab him. So by reflex he pushed Ponyboy and was getting ready to start sprinting.

"Sorry! I swear I thought you were somebody else!" The older boy reassured while helping his friend up from the floor.

He just smiled "Don't worry 'bout it." The blonde haired boy said in a nice tone. That made Johnny feel a little better, in fact he blushed.