09

Leaving Jude the next morning was difficult, especially seeing as Beau couldn't project Rosie enough to keep him company so he was left alone. Five gave the boy a short goodbye but a soft smile while Jude clung to Beau for a good five minutes before they knew it was really time to leave. 

It seemed they had all left on good terms with Jude not knowing the extent of the strain in Beau and Five's relationship and Five more accepting of Beau's friendship with Jude. But none of that really mattered all too much when the end was quickly approaching and the other siblings were still nowhere to be found.

Beau was quickly collected from Elliott's kitchen, absent-mindedly and ultimately judging the man's choice of food and taste in decor, it was suitable for the time period one could argue but that didn't make it any less unappealing to the eye. He had left Five to pace the living room as Elliott did everything the young appearing boy asked of him and gaze trained on the important equipment in front of him. 

Beau was only there to play support so when he was whisked away so suddenly to a cornfield he wasn't all that shocked or outraged.

The pair stalked through the field, looking for the particular female Beau had missed like no one else, well, maybe except for Klaus and Ben but they were a different story. He could already feel the woman's energy, power restrained by confusing circumstances unknown to her and feeling of anxiety more potent than Beau had ever felt from her.

There she was, wandering aimlessly with a terror-stricken face. 

Beau wished to reach out and grab her, console her and send her into a fantasy that was so much better than reality, but he restrained himself.

"Hi, Vanya." Five greeted casually and Beau wasn't at all surprised because he had seen his words coming.

Vanya looked up at the two with wide eyes, seemingly they had shown up out of nowhere and that terrified her. "Who are you?"

"I'm your brother." Five gave a small half-hearted smile that caused his dimple to shine through.

"I have a brother?" Her eyes moved from one to the other, silently questioning who Beau was if he wasn't another unknown brother of hers.

Beau's lips quirked ever so slightly, "It's good to see you, little star. I wish it were under different circumstances." He didn't dare utter his name for fear of getting that same look of confusion, he didn't want to be forgotten.

"Look, you can either stay here and wait for the IKEA mafia to come back to kill you or you can come with us."

"Wh... why are they trying to kill me?"

"'Cause, you're not supposed to be here, Vanya."

Beau followed after Five wordlessly while Vanya wasn't so quiet, understandably looking for answers.

"In Dallas?"

"No. Here, in 1963."

The trio soon find themselves standing in the middle of a crater-like space and something about it made Beau relieved and proud to see her powers still with her because he knew what it was like to suppress them.

"Holy shit." Vanya gaped.

"Yeah, pretty wild, right? It's good to see your powers are still intact. Let's go."

Beau remained quiet throughout the duration of the journey towards a diner he knew all too well. He was glad Jude wasn't there to listen in on their conversation, it would only put paranoia in his head and cause him to spiral, if Beau could prevent that it was all the better.

The three sat at the counter, Five taking the middle seat seeing as he had much more to say to Vanya than Beau really wanted to. He couldn't come to terms with the fact that his Vanya truly had no idea who he was, a fear he had never needed to ponder before because even if something similar were to happen in his time he would have already distanced himself enough to deem it unlikely. That was how Beau had lived for most of his life with only the odd appearances from Klaus and Vanya to keep him real company.