14

Self-isolation permeated Beau's mind, trapping him inside as if to hide away from the pain and struggle, causing him to feel numb.

Of course, Beau had no perception of himself but the space between his unconscious limbo and reality was all too troubling to his psyche.

In the midst of his forced sleep, he vaguely heard Rosie speaking to him softly. She was reassuring him that everything was alright and that he was safe, she also whispered that they would forgive, however, Beau had no understanding of what she was talking about. 

Then, he awakened and his abyss-like eyes were shown to the world. 

Alarm bells went off inside his head. His sudden consciousness contradicted everything Rosie had said, he might have been safe but they weren't. 

"Baby," The voice of his lover broke deafening silence, "Are you okay?"

Five leaned forward into Beau's line of sight, appearing so concerned yet not at all scared. Dark circles lay under his dull eyes, his cheeks were slightly hollowed and even his collar was awry just like his hair. He had obviously been running his fingers through his locks while anxiously waiting.

Beau watched the way the corner of his lover's lips twitched, clearly meant to be suppressed. He knew exactly what that meant. 

"I'm fine." Five whispered with a comforting smile.

Beau didn't believe him.

"Uh, Beau," Someone else muttered and he turned to see Allison sitting on the other side of the bed looking down at him. "How are you feeling?"

Numb.

"Fine." He rasped.

Honestly, he felt like something was missing.

Allison glanced at Five apprehensively, eyebrows furrowed and teeth clenched. 

"What's going on?" Beau asked the pair, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"There's... something-"

"What?" Beau interrupted Allison. He wasn't even sure why she was there with them, her of all people. Why not Klaus? Or even Diego? There had to be a reason behind the woman's presence and not just out of worry for his physical wellbeing.

He cared for Allison, of course. She was someone that he somewhat admired and someone he grew up with but they were never close and that much was obvious.

"W-well, you were freaking out an-and hurting us so I... I had to..." She glanced at Five again before sighing heavily. "I suppressed your powers."

There was a haunting moment of silence as shock seeped in.

"You- my-" He stuttered almost helplessly.

"Baby," Five cradled Beau's head as if consoling a child, "It's not permanent, okay? You're still you. It's just we didn't think it was right to take away your memories of Jude, despite you not knowing it would have been cruel."

"I hope you can forgive me one day," Allison muttered, leaving the room before she was possibly screamed at. But Beau didn't have the energy nor the amount of anger it would take, he found he didn't feel anything.

To be fair, even Beau was afraid of his powers sometimes.

It didn't feel right, however.

"How do you feel?" Five whispered, "Really?"

There was no easy way to say it, because as odd as it was he felt free and yet trapped at the same time. It was like he was finally able to live a normal life but where was the joy in that when his partner was so extraordinary and couldn't be held down? He knew deep down they could never live like they wanted, it was nice to dream though.