The Importance

Two days have passed since Blackhat broadcasted his threat. This is the third and final day. Before, there was enthusiastic order towards one goal in the world to find one person, but now with still no leads or anything to put them on the right trail, the order turned into chaos. Fear and desperation got the best of many people and now some of them formed their own teams to break into other's homes and private lives. It even went as far as murder for breaking an entry or resisting the intruders. 

It was terrible. Even the heroes were losing their righteous facade. They had gotten frantic, breaking laws in their search, and would have violent outbursts. Those who didn't look anymore showed how selfish, shallow, and cowardly they were. The villains were doing better than the heroes, but only because they didn't have a facade to hide behind and everyone already knew who they really were. Some of the villains did heroic acts when the heroes did villainous acts. True colors were being shown everywhere.

As time ticked by, the world started to burn itself down. It was something Blackhat would have enjoyed seeing, but he couldn't. He felt worse than the first time Flug turned into a human. It was SO much worse. He locked himself in his room after recording and hadn't left since. Using his magic he brought in a television and watched the news. The only good thing he felt was knowing that he was still feared to the point of insanity. 

He sat on his bed, blankets wrapped around his body for comfort, and only watched as he mentally counted down the hours. The only other thing on his mind was how much he missed his companion. He hadn't slept. He hadn't been in sunlight. He hadn't tortured his captives. 

He felt cold and hollow. No matter if he sat in a burning fire pit, that coldness never left only grew. This was the worst experience he had ever experienced in his long life. He could only think where Flug could possibly be by now. Was he scared? Could he escape?  Has he escaped? Flug had done it before, could he do it again? He battled with himself to think positively. But he missed his companion, so terribly. 

Where is he?

////

It had been two days since a new, small gang kidnapped the world-famous Dr.Flug. This group didn't know what category of "organization" they wanted to be yet, but they knew they wanted to be respected and powerful. The group's plan for greatness was to get as powerful and rich as fast as they could. And what better way to get rich and powerful fast than to recruit one of the most brilliant minds in the world?

The leader of the group, who goes by Break-neck, was proud of his team. They had the strategist (his girlfriend), the muscles (his best friend and his boyfriend), the triple technicians (his triplet brothers), and himself (the supplier). Together they could do anything they wanted. They wanted to shape the world to their will. They planned to make the world a better place and they would do whatever they had to to do it.

Their plan was brilliant! Tip-off the already angry heroes that Lord Blackhat was weakened and opened for attacks; cut the power to the mansion, go in and steal the scientist; bring him to their secure base then convince him to work for them. Simple. Uhh, obviously there were more steps to the plan than that; but even though it was simplified it was thought out completely. Everything was thought out and accounted for.

What wasn't accounted for was the doctor himself. Kidnapping him was easy, but keeping him captive was frustrating. For some reason, he was a cat-boy (the group thought it was fake at first, thought it was funny, but their laughter ended pretty quickly) and his behavior reflected it. Sometimes he wouldn't speak but hiss and growl at them instead; other times he refused to be cooperative and tried to escape. 

They tried to comply with most of the Doctor's wishes for his comfort. They weren't monsters. They kept the doctor bellow deck in low light, fed him fish they caught from their fishing boat, and even tried to keep the noise as low as possible. They did the most they could do for his comfort, but they still had to keep him in the metal crate for his and the group's protection. The group was getting annoyed with their captive, and Breakneck didn't blame them for the scratches and bites they suffered from, but they needed the doctor for their goals.