accidents happen

Flug did it. He finished his device, and now he can finally be just a human or just a cat. He didn't care which. He sat in his lab at a desk, trying to keep a headache at bay. The dim lights were too bright, the smell of chemicals was pungent, and the quiet sounds of the machinery were buzzing in his ears.

He was so tired of being sensitive to almost everything. Touch, taste, hearing, sight, smell; all his senses were constantly being overwhelmed with stimulation. As a full cat, his cat brain could handle everything and he could regulate his nervous system more easily. But his human brain couldn't handle the highly sensitive cat senses, and no matter how much self-soothing he did his human body couldn't fully relax. BlackHat helped soothe him, though.

Blackhat's constant care (giving him cuddles, feeding him various meat dishes when he couldn't help being picky, keeping the lights off at bedtime; making the machine silent with his magic when it was too much, and grooming him with a rag and warm water,) was helping regulate his nervous system. He probably would have lost his mind if Blackhat didn't care for him, and he was very grateful to the Eldrich horror.

But now he could go back to normal, no more overwhelming panic attacks. No more fear for his eardrums when someone would talk too loud or a sneaker would squeak on the floor. No more nausea at the smell of vegetables or coffee. GOD, He missed his coffee! He could be normal again; one way or the other.

Blackhat should be back soon to bring him a large platter of various meats (that he prepared himself). When he comes back Flug could let him pick which form he wanted. He had a hunch which form the eldritch would pick, but he didn't mind. Not even a minute later Blackhat appeared in a puff of smoke carrying a platter, a smile on his face, and displaying the meats proudly.

The smell of the cooked meats had Flug salivating. "It smells divine, sir," Flug said.

"I hoped so. I had most of these meat cuts slow-roasted for three days," Blackhat gestured to the meat.

Flug smiled. This was going to be good, and even better when he was a human so he could eat all of it. "I'm excited to eat it! I finished the device so if I turn back into a human I can eat it all this time!" The Neko exclaimed.

Blackhat's smile widened, "Excellent! Though I was hoping for you to be smaller, I suppose I could wait a little longer," he said setting the platter on the desk.

With a nod, Flug set the device to the correct setting and aimed it at his chest. He activated it and the familiar blue. Glittery smoke emitted from the effects. When the smoke dissipated it revealed Flug, now a fully formed, healthy human. He could tell a difference immediately. The room that was fairly lit was now almost completely dark, the loud noises of the room were silent, and the strong scents of chemicals were now dulled to a tolerable essence.

The sudden loss of stimuli was borderline overwhelming after being overwhelmed for so long. Flug felt lightheaded and he couldn't tell if it was from the device or the wave of relief that washed over him. Flug swayed a bit and Blackhat wrapped an arm around his waist to steady him. The action was comforting for Flug and he wanted to be embraced in the demon's arms, but the delicious aroma of finely cooked meat was too enticing for the hungry human. When Flug felt able to, he leaned away from Blackhat to gaze at the various meats on the platter, then started eating.

There were different cuts of beef, pork, chicken, and even fish; and it all tasted delicious. Flug knew his gluttony was showing, with the pleased humming and slurping sounds he unwillingly made, and he didn't care. As a cat, Flug could taste the savory meats, fats, and salts in his food; which was fine for the most part, but left things bland on the tongue.
He couldn't taste sweets and he couldn't enjoy sour food like he used to. And being a neko didn't make it any better, just made him even more picky and nauseous. But being human let him finally enjoy what he was eating to its full potential.