.chapter8. (16%)

| recap Luna Genevieve turns out to be one of the rebel and agreed to help her. She, in return, offered her tree-house and her room to be used when the situation requires. She hid her knife under a floor board and trashed her room. Then, she placed a gel that covers her scent and broke her window |

current status: 16%

| | -.-_-.-_-.- | |

I took about 20 minutes to find the tree in between 5 trees whose roots touched that Lune Genevieve had mentioned.

Right now, I was patiently looking out for her while hiding behind a high bush. I was afraid she wouldn't turn up due to the day she came to my room. Since then, she had the same masked expression on her face and her voice held no emotion at all. She was an entirely different person but I couldn't blame her for being that way.

The gel I had placed onto my body was beginning to stick on my skin in an itchy and irritating manner. It was like it's tempting me to scratch them all off which would defeat the purpose of putting it on in the first place.

I stiffened when I had coincidentally shut my eyes, a snap of a twig echoed through the small night. Unconsciously, I lowered myself onto the ground and tried to blend in with the bush. Soft footsteps could be hear, the sound gradually increasing with every controlled breath I took.

I could feel her nearby but I was panicking too much, I couldn't sort out my thoughts and figure out her scent. I counted the steps she took, my knees ready to bounce up and my fingers waiting to stretch and grab the person.

3,

2,

1.

I lunged at the person, throwing my weight on them to push them down the floor, and my fingers wrapped around her neck. Her legs gave way and she fell towards her right with my body on her left arm.

We fell together on the dirty ground with a thud, she cradling the impact of the fall. Her familiar blond hair sparked a recognition in me as she grunted in pain. Widening my eyes at what I did, I hurriedly push myself off her and checked if I had injured her badly.

"What the heck?" she grunted as I pull her towards me, situating her so she laid on her back.

"I'm sorry," I gushed out in a hushes whisper as I continued to look at her injuries. "Are you alright?"

She glared harshly at me and pushed my hands off her. I took a few steps away from her with a grimace on my face and hoped that she wouldn't pull out now. She dusted the soil off her hands before pushing herself off the ground.

"Come," she invited, signaling towards the forest with her fingers. "We don't have much time until the patrol arrives."

"Don't you need to cover your scent?" I questioned, getting up too.

She pursed her lips and gave me a blank stare. "I have a back-up plan if we get caught. Hurry now."

She disappeared into the forest, not looking back once to see if I was following her. Keeping my eyes trained on her, I tried to quicken my pace so I wouldn't lose her but her figure kept moving further and further away from me until I could barely see her.

Cursing under my breath, I yelled, "Wait!" once I had lost her.

Damn it. "Luna Genevieve?"