•[9-Dr Robottnik]•

Alex's P.O.V

As I walk all across the living room towards the stairs, Sonic comes dashing down, running right past me so suddenly that I almost lose my grip on the handrail.

"Whoa! What's going on speedster?" I ask.

"No time to explain, I just gotta find a place to hide." He said in a panic.

"What? Who are you hiding from?" I'm interrupted by the sound of a knock at the door.

"Crud!" Sonic says before dashing off to the basement. I hear the door locking behind him.

"Huh, what's the matter with that hedgehog?" I mutter to myself before walking to the door. I turn the handle and open it to find a man wearing a red lab coat of some sort, black pants and boots, a pair of blue goggles on top of his head, and a pretty wild moustache. He smiled at me.

"Well hello there young man." He said.

"Uh, hi? How can I help you?" I asked.

"I'm doctor Ivo Robottnik, chief scientist of Green Hills Power Manufacturers." He said, handing me a business card. I tilded my head.

"Green Hills Power Manufacturers? Never heard of them." I said.

"Well, we're a small, private company that supplies Green Hills with its electricity. It's alright if you havent heard of us."

"Okay. What are you doing at my house?"

"You see, we've been receiving some strange calls about power outages lately, and after conducting a bit of research, the readings led to this house. So I'm here to inspect it and make sure that these calls are true."

"I'm sorry, where even is Green Hills?"

"Not important." He pushes past me and walks into my house like he owns the place. I give him a confused glad before running in after him. He walks past the kitchen where my mom just happen to be washjng the dishes, before freezing in her place when she sees him.

"Oh, hello there ma'am." He greets her, in a suspicious way. She glances at me.

"Uh, Alex, who is this man?" She ask.

"The 'chief scientist' of Green Hills Power Manufacturers apparently." I reply.

"Doctor Ivo Robottnik, at your service." He bowed to her.

"Uh okay, so, Dr Robottnik, why are you here exactly?" She asks.

"I'm here to conduct a reading on this house to see if there's are anything that might lead to the mysterious power outages in Green Hills." He says.

"And where exactly is Green Hills?" Mom asks.

"Not important. Now if you'll excuse me..."

He slides the goggles on the top of his head down over his eyes and starts looking around the house. Those goggles remind me of a pair that I built not so long ago, and it raises suspicion.

"Hey, uh, what do those goggles do exactly?" I ask. He turns to me and smiles.

"I'm glad you asked my boy. These are electrostatic X-ray goggles, they'll let me look through the walls and find any faults or irregularities in the circut." Robottnik explains. I raise my eyebrow at him slightly.

"Right." I say slowly. He just shrugs and looks off into the lounge.

'Something's up.' I think to myself. That's when I hear a feint buzzing coming from outside. Curious, I walk out the door and look around, finding nothing at first. Until I look up.