•[11-The lair]•

[Damn, been a while since I wrote something sonic related, huh? He'll at me as much as you want for making you wait, I deserve it.]

Alex's P.O.V

"How much farther?" I hear Sonic shouting over the sound of the wind rushing against my helmet. I look down on the screen and look at the little red dot, then at our location.

"We're close." I shout back. Sonic holds out a thumbs up as we speed down the highway at two hundred miles an hour. There's a surprisingly small amount of cars on the highway, leaving the entire road to us. After about fifteen more minutes of riding, I pull my motorcycle over and hop off. I take off my helmet and look down at the screen.

"Are we here?" Sonic asks. Our location in the map is right over the red dot.

"Yeah, this is it." I nod. I take the watch and strap it to my wrist before looking around. All I see is the flat-ish mountain landscape that we drove onto five minutes ago. No sign of an evil scientist's lair anywhere.

"But this doesn't look like the place a supervillain would set up a base of operations." I say. Sonic hops out the sidecar and takes off his helmet, then shakes his head before handing the helmet to me.

"Are you sure this is the place?" He asks. I press the button under the seat of the motorcycle and watch it transform into a little box before stuffing it in my pocket.

"This is where the signal on the tracking device came from." I say a little less confidently. "It's probably under us."

I glance around again and see something silver in colour in the distance. The colour stands out against the brown and black of the rock and the green of the overgrown plant nearby. I walk over to it, and the closer I get to it, the more it looks like a keypad. And once I'm a few feet away from it, I see that it is a keypad.

"Hey Sonic, I found something!" I say to him, he dashes next to me.

"Huh, this must be his way into his base. Nobody would put a random keypad into the side if a mountain like this." Sonic suggests. I press a few of the buttons on the keypad hoping to unlock something.

Spoiler alert, it doesn't.

"Okay, so this is definately secured with some kind of code." I mutter to myself.

"You don't say." Sonic says sarcastically, arms crossed. "So, how are we getting in?"

"But, I got that covered." I reply. I tap a few buttons on the wristwatch and a small cable pops out one end. I connect the cable to the keypad through a tiny slot in the side.

"Okay, now to reset the security measures and access the main network to find the security code." I mutter, tapping the buttons on the watch. After a while, the keypad flashes and the screen turns off completely, before starting up again.

"Okay, now to get the code." I mutter pressing a few more buttons. A second later, a series of letters appears on my watch before landing on one.

"Aha, got it- uh... Ev1l43va." I mutter.

"Of coarse Eggman would choose a security code like that." Sonic scoffs, arms crossed.

"Eggman?" I ask.

"I'll tell you later." Sonic says.

"You're gonna have to explain a whole lot more when we get home." I say to the blue hedgehog.

"Sure. I'll tell you everything." He says. Once I put in the last digit of the code, the ground starts to rumble and a part of the mountainside slides away, revealing a large hallway completely covered in white and silver metal with red and yellow accents and lights installed into the ceiling.